Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Major Trouble for the Bush Administration

Re: Major Trouble for the Bush Administration

"earth dwellers" just didnt [glow=red,3,340]feel[/glow] right

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm Earthian.

How many people died at all the school shootings we've had put together? Now how many died on September 11, 2001? I'm fairly certain that one terrorist attack was more than our number of shootings for the entire 2000 year. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 10 times as much. Should we outlaw airplanes? No because they do more good than bad, like guns.
    that terrorist attack couldn't have been easily avoided, unlike the high school shootings

that terrorist attack couldn't have been easily avoided, unlike the high school shootings
    They both could have. If there was a security guard with a gun in either place, neither event would have happened. Both happened because of a lack of security. Guns would have been the best prevention. If you don't believe that, then why did those people attack the airplane instead of running into a military base with their box cutters?

They both could have. If there was a security guard with a gun in either place, neither event would have happened. Both happened because of a lack of security. Guns would have been the best prevention.
    don't get me wrong here, i'm not anti-guns. i'm against guns being easily available for citizens. but would u like to live in a society where every public place needs an armed security guard just incase some 16-year idiot could show up with a gun he 'borrowed' from his father? Another thing, who says the high school kid couldn't take out the security guard before he could do anything about the situation? So basically, u'd need more than one security guard cuz one security guard could easily be taken out by a high school kid with a gun (for instance: the kid walks into school with his gun concealed, steps to the security guard, pulls out the gun and shoot's the poor guy... nothing the security guard could've done about that)

oh yes i really like that. a society where the world is filled with armed security guards in every public place to protect us against people who might go nuts and take their guns to start shooting people... and all this just so everyone would be able to own a gun.

but would u like to live in a society where every public place needs an armed security guard just incase some 16-year idiot could show up with a gun he 'borrowed' from his father?
    It beats being oppressed by the government like Canadians and Europeans. They don't call America free for nothing, although it's headed to the corruption of the other countries I just mentioned.

Another thing, who says the high school kid couldn't take out the security guard before he could do anything about the situation?
    They probably wouldn't have the nuts. Face it, these kids are really weak on the inside. They can only attack defenseless people. Even if it would be the easiest thing in the world for them to walk up to the security guard and shoot him, they would be too scared. There are exceptions to this but I'm going by how it generally is.

It beats being oppressed by the government like Canadians and Europeans.
    Help me, kenshi! I am being oppressed by the government up here in the cold, desolate wasteland known as Canada!! You've got to do something!

Do you think we live in igloos, too?

I don't have any access to guns, and neither do my classmates. I don't have to spend every second worrying that I could be shot, and that's a very nice feeling.

And if you want a gun you can get it here in Europe too and all perfectly legal ..

PS: this is post nr 100 .. without post padding ;D

It beats being oppressed by the government like Canadians and Europeans.
    Uh?? *I'm oppressed??? *Last time I looked I had the freedom of speech, freedom to associate, right to vote, etc. *Geez aren't these the same rights that Americans have, so can some one please explain exactly how I'm oppressed. *Because if I am I would really like to know!! *:

It's been statistically proven that where guns are outlawed, more crimes are committed. It's due to the fact that only outlaws have them and others can't protect themselves.
    Last time I looked the murder rate here in Canada was a fraction of what it was in the U.S. *The approximate # of murders in Canada last year was about 600 with only about 40% of them being gun related. *So a whopping 240 people last year were killed by guns. *Lets take Texas on the other hand. *Texas has about ten million people less than Canada, but according to 1998 stats had about 1300 murders, of which almost 1000 of them were gun related. *So I really don't see how you can argue that gun control equals an increase in crime, etc.

There are simply a lot more crazy fools here because Americans don't share common beliefs. It's what happens when you're as mixed as us. If we were all strongly Christian like many generations ago, we would share a common belief and there would be much fewer murderers.
    And last time I looked Canada was just as or if not more ethnically diverse as the U.S. and we have a lower crime and murder rate, so I really don't think that arguement flies.

Just my 2 cents

BFC

8) BFC 8)

Last time I looked the murder rate here in Canada was a fraction of what it was in the U.S. *The approximate # of murders in Canada last year was about 600 with only about 40% of them being gun related. *So a whopping 240 people last year were killed by guns. *Lets take Texas on the other hand. *Texas has about ten million people less than Canada, but according to 1998 stats had about 1300 murders, of which almost 1000 of them were gun related. *So I really don't see how you can argue that gun control equals an increase in crime, etc.
    Must be because there are only 2 people per square kilometer in Canada - we just can't aim as well! ;D