Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Major Trouble for the Bush Administration

Re: Major Trouble for the Bush Administration

at least we don't have scheduled shootings at our high schools
    AMEN !!

We have had NO shootings at all in Denmark of that sort..

8) Gun control 8)

I don't think Bush can do that too. He doesn't know how to fire the gun so that's why he went to national guard for service rather than other Active military.
    Soo 0 - 1 to the robot then ?

Anyways, I liked Al Gore more than I liked Dubya...

You Europeans support anti-gun laws, therefore supporting increased crime through lack of defense as well as incriminating freedom, but you don't hear us complaining about that.
    I have never felt a need to defend myself with a gun. A positive side effect of living in a country where guns are controlled I guess.

Is it true that many European nations have a national flag that's plain white?

at least we don't have scheduled shootings at our high schools
    I doubt you would even if guns were legal. Lack of morality is our problem, not guns. And if people were allowed to carry guns to school, or even just a security officer was there with one, none of those shootings would have happened from fear of getting shot themselves. It's been statistically proven that where guns are outlawed, more crimes are committed. It's due to the fact that only outlaws have them and others can't protect themselves. I don't care what kind of laws you have, short of becoming a totalitarian government, you cannot keep guns away from people. And should someone break into my house with one, I'd much rather have my 35 in self-defense than my blow gun or kitana...

umh.. ok so u have statistics
    i still think there are a lot more shootings in the US than in countries were it's not so easy to get guns. there have been a couple of high school shootings in the US and also other situations where a guy just loses it, grabs his gun and start shooting people all over the damn place. i'm not saying things like that don't happen in countries were guns arent legal, but how many times have u seen stories on the news about big shootings in europe? (with big shootings i mean the kind of shootings like the one in that high school in colorado or whatever it was and about that guy in boston who shot a bunch of people in his office building)

how many more people have to die because they just happened to be at the same place where some nut decides to open fire cuz he's pissed off?

umh.. ok so u have statistics
    i still think there are a lot more shootings in the US than in countries were it's not so easy to get guns.
    Oh I don't doubt that. But first of all, you can't compare the number of shootings. When you decrease or abolish the number of guns available, hell yeah the shootings will drop. But what about the number of murders? That's what really matters anyway. Secondly, I already said that it's due to a lack of morality here. There are simply a lot more crazy fools here because Americans don't share common beliefs. It's what happens when you're as mixed as us. If we were all strongly Christian like many generations ago, we would share a common belief and there would be much fewer murderers.

how many more people have to die because they just happened to be at the same place where some nut decides to open fire cuz he's pissed off?
    How many people died at all the school shootings we've had put together? Now how many died on September 11, 2001? I'm fairly certain that one terrorist attack was more than our number of shootings for the entire 2000 year. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 10 times as much. Should we outlaw airplanes? No because they do more good than bad, like guns.

I'm an American, I live in a city with a population of around 2 million, I don't own a gun, and I don't like guns. *Please don't think every American is a gun carrying killer.......

(actually, I'm Irish but I've lived most of my 34 years in America)

>

hey hey earth citizens

i thought this was about the media supressing the truth?

coltrane link=board=offtopic=1004591563=0#18 date=11/02/01 at 22:16:39]
    hey hey earth citizens
    How can people be citizens of Earth? There's no global government to be citizens of. You really need to read the manual.