Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
How many users will it handle? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many users will it handle?

Re: How many users will it handle?

I believe the 160 is on a 32 bit PCI, they do have another option with dual p3 1GHZ. I'm not sure about the brand name of the box.

The server specs I mentioned were the specs of a dedicated server host that I was thinking about using. However, I found a co-location server that I think is pretty good. $199 for 200GB of monthly transfer. So I was thinking about making my own server box from scratch instead of picking from the dedicated server options. That would mean I could pack it full of ram and a good proc setup.Hopefully I can find a good deal on SCSI drives/controller card..those things are expensive..

Thanks,
    Aaron

Re: How many users will it handle?

I believe the 160 is on a 32 bit PCI, they do have another option with dual p3 1GHZ. I'm not sure about the brand name of the box.

The server specs I mentioned were the specs of a dedicated server host that I was thinking about using. However, I found a co-location server that I think is pretty good. $199 for 200GB of monthly transfer. So I was thinking about making my own server box from scratch instead of picking from the dedicated server options. That would mean I could pack it full of ram and a good proc setup.Hopefully I can find a good deal on SCSI drives/controller card..those things are expensive..

Thanks,
    Aaron
    SCSI is expensive but well worth it! I don't know why they haven't started to use it as the defacto standard in PC's. Maybe cause it was a port over from Apple. I remember my old middle school compter teacher with his brand new PowerPC with SCSI drives. Still yet to see that kind of power in a recent PC off the shelf.