Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civ 3 suck

Civ 3 suck

Iīm removing it.

Why does it suck? Well, the battles are random. Very random. When a regular Warrior can take out an Immortal time after time it just feels like a waste of time to play it.

According to the manual, the battles are calculated like this:

The Immortal has an attack factor of 4, the Warrior has a defense factor of 1. The attack factor of the attacking unit is added to the defense factor of the attacked unit. In this case 4+1. So in theory the Immortal has got a 80% chance of winning each round.

80% chance. Hmm.. Strange that the Immortal loses 80% of the battles against the Warriors.

Itīs not like this every game. In one game I wiped out an entire civ with Immortals. They just sliced right through the defenders. But in the next game they get their asses kicked by inferior units in the majority of battles.

I just lost 4 citys defended by Spearmen and Immortals to an army of Warriors and Horsemen. I lost almost every single battle!! So Iīm removing it. It could have been a good game, but itīs very frustrating to spend 4-5 hours playing just to lose because of "bugs" like this.

Kind Mastermind

Re: Civ 3 suck

Iīm removing it.

Why does it suck? Well, the battles are random. Very random. When a regular Warrior can take out an Immortal time after time it just feels like a waste of time to play it.

According to the manual, the battles are calculated like this:

The Immortal has an attack factor of 4, the Warrior has a defense factor of 1. The attack factor of the attacking unit is added to the defense factor of the attacked unit. In this case 4+1. So in theory the Immortal has got a 80% chance of winning each round.

80% chance. Hmm.. Strange that the Immortal loses 80% of the battles against the Warriors.

Itīs not like this every game. In one game I wiped out an entire civ with Immortals. They just sliced right through the defenders. But in the next game they get their asses kicked by inferior units in the majority of battles.

I just lost 4 citys defended by Spearmen and Immortals to an army of Warriors and Horsemen. I lost almost every single battle!! So Iīm removing it. It could have been a good game, but itīs very frustrating to spend 4-5 hours playing just to lose because of "bugs" like this.
    Wow, that sucks big time! I just bought the game, but my wife hasn't let me have it yet (Christmas, I guess). Of course, I only bought it for two dollars. You have to love the computer game trade here in Turkey!

is it really so bad .. I mean are there other "bugs" of this kind , because Im going to buy it around christmas .

Wow, that sucks big time! I just bought the game, but my wife hasn't let me have it yet (Christmas, I guess). Of course, I only bought it for two dollars. You have to love the computer game trade here in Turkey!
    Wow. Thats awsome!

Wow. Thats awsome!
    No, it's properly illegal, which is not awesome !

Kind Mastermind

No, it's properly illegal, which is not awesome !
    Turkey has bizarre copyright laws. *It is legal, for a Turk, but in most of Europe and the Americas, it is illegal. *I am allowed to purchase said program, but I can not distribute. *So, if I wanted to give a bunch away, I would get into trouble.

Plus, I plan on buying the boxed set. My wife just wanted to get me the game as soon as she could. It takes a long time to get decent games here. We have a very long supply line. Now, if my wife didn't distrust the internet, I could have ordered it right after it came out. She nixed that proposal, so I am lucky and happy that she even bought the Turkish copy.

is it really so bad .. I mean are there other "bugs" of this kind , because Im going to buy it around christmas .
    No, itīs not that bad. I was very pissed off when I wrote that. Most of the time the battles work fine, but sometimes they are just completely random. Sure, some battles should be won by the inferior unit, thatīs part of the fun, but it shouldnīt happen 10 times in a row.

Itīs a very fun and addictive game though. I guess that is why I got so mad when it bugged out.

I see .. so I dont waste money if I buy it

Iīm removing it.

When a regular Warrior can take out an Immortal time after time it just feels like a waste of time to play it.
    I've lost 5 tanks against one spearman ;D

I've heard it rules except for little bugs. Fun gameplay, etc...