Thread: Need some feedback

Need some feedback

I'd like some feedback of www.thewhizzardslair.net. I've had the site up since about the time LJR started. About a month ago there was a harddrive malfunction and everything was lost. The past month I've been working hard to get things back up to speed. I have RoofRabbit and lm72 to thank for sticking around and giving me support. Come by and take a look around. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks,

Whiz

Re: Need some feedback

Augh! It's terrible! The LNO link is before the LJR link! What kind of rubbish are you trying to push off on us?!

Lol, just kidding. But there is one bug I saw: in the top right corner, the images (page border) don't line up correctly. Compare it to the bottom left corner, you'll see.

Augh! It's terrible! The LNO link is before the LJR link! What kind of rubbish are you trying to push off on us?!

Lol, just kidding. But there is one bug I saw: in the top right corner, the images (page border) don't line up correctly. Compare it to the bottom left corner, you'll see.
    I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. Is it the "The Whizzards Lair" logo? It's a residue of the previous site. I need to make it transparent. For some reason GIMP removes the transparancy when saving as a PNG. I've tried to save in diferent formats but it either wouldn't let me save(JPG), was too big(as in Kb), or wouldn't show up in the web browser.

Thanks for your comment. Let me know if this is what you're talking about.

Ok, well I have a screenshot of what I'm talking about. I'll email it to you, you'll see.

Well, I sent it to the one that's in your profile (the second one you listed). It's not terribly obvious, but I saw it with my keen eye

Ahh.....I see. I'll see what I can do but I don't think there's much I can. The image itself should be fine but I don't know enough about PHP to make the shadow curve to the border. Or maybe the image should be curved to the border?

Thanks, you have a keen eye. I would have never noticed.

Well, it's not a PHP problem, it's an HTML problem. Make sure the height tag on the topright corner image is correct, that could be it. If that's not it, then the image was cropped improperly when you were designing the site.

Worst case scenario: You'll have to extend the image down a bit and add some gray into the bottom of it. I might be able to do it, but I want you to try first