Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS is working on internet explorer for UNIX

MS is working on internet explorer for UNIX

I'm sorry if this is old news but I found this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/unix/ie/default.asp

Now I know some of you would hate it, but I hope it gets ported to linux cause internet explorer is actually my favorite browser.

Re: MS is working on internet explorer for UNIX

I hate it... I hope it burns in hell along side the evil OS it came in on !!!

A bad development, why would anyone want IE when Mozilla and Konqueror is out there ??

Now if they make it EXACTLY equivalent to the windows version (ALLLLLLLL the same features, NO differences), then it might be decent.
    * I'm not a big fan of MS, but IE is good. *Of course, it's not their design (none of their products are, including their OS now), but regardless of that, it's a solid product. *It used to crash like a mofo on 9x, but once you get it running on NT and 2k, it's a freakin decent browser. *Easily the equivalent of mozilla. *Not as pretty, but faster loading (probably has something to do with its ties to the OS).

EDIT: After having read the page a little more carefully, it's only available for Solaris and HP. There's no way in hell they'll ever port to linux.

IE 4.0 has been around for Solaris for some time now.

Now if they make it EXACTLY equivalent to the windows version (ALLLLLLLL the same features, NO differences), then it might be decent.
    I'm not a big fan of MS, but IE is good. Of course, it's not their design (none of their products are, including their OS now), but regardless of that, it's a solid product. It used to crash like a mofo on 9x, but once you get it running on NT and 2k, it's a freakin decent browser. Easily the equivalent of mozilla. Not as pretty, but faster loading (probably has something to do with its ties to the OS).

EDIT: After having read the page a little more carefully, it's only available for Solaris and HP. There's no way in hell they'll ever port to linux.

once you get it running on NT and 2k, it's a freakin decent browser. *
    I would like to chalenge you on this. IE may have evey plugin known to man but it crashes on me 9 times out of 10. Ie has cause an execption would you like to restart Ie?.........erm no I'll try a different browser, thanks all the same

If you read some of the PressPass articles Microsoft has in regards to the DoJ trial, some of the statements they make seem like they are praising Linux.

Good Guru

some of the statements they make seem like they are praising Linux.
    Actually they are using Linux as an excuse ....

"We're not a monopoly, just look at Linux's popularity!"

I'd use it. Mozilla is great but loads slowly. Konqueror is pretty fast but doesn't work with a lot of things well for me anyways. I just want a simple fast browser that displays websites quickly. I don't need anything else except for support for java flash etc etc in that browser