Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Stocks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stocks

Stocks

I've been thinking about putting a small amount of money into computer stock. Maybe Red Hat, Windriver, etc.... Anyone know much about that kind of stuff and/or what looks good?

Mentor

Re: Stocks

I would not go with any tech or computer related stock now people are loosing money like crazy!!!!

I bought compaq stock about 4 years ago at $37 a share, it's at 10 dollars a share now!!!!

Stay away from tech stocks!!

I would probably buy MS or AMD.

I would think that this would be the best time to buy since prices are very low.

As for buying AMD or MS, I can't do that with good faith. I don't agree with either buisness practices so being a part of either kind of is shady.

Whats wrong with buying from AMD?

I would check out NVIDIA http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=nvda&d=c

I like AMD, I use their processors, but as a company, it remains to be seen whether they can win their epic struggle with Intel. They aren't doing that great. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=amd&d=c

Yeah what is wrong with AMD, they're not the people who told motherboard manufacturers not to make motherboards as Intel did.

Good Guru

I would vote for buying AMD and I think ethnitically, buying AMD is a lot better than buying Intel but financially buying Intel would makes sense for the long run.

Nvidia is a good one too and they replace Enron in fortune 500 stock listing at NYSE. Red Hat ?? :-/ .. They are kind of the up side ( it was a lot cheaper a few weeks ago ). You can't compare the price when they were riding so high ... like a year or so ago. It was a bubble time.... :

Boblucci ::: You are not doing so bad. I bought my former company's shares when they were $ 165 ( including employee discount and my option price when they were like $ 220 ) .... Their 52 weeks highest was $ 236. As of today, they were trading at $ 9.66.
    > >

Just a thought from someone who never hit it big in the market (but I'm still not losing): Don' t restrict yourself to the fields that interest you. If there is money to be made by investing in rectal thermometers, that's where you go. RTFWSJ (WallStJournal). Most libraries have it (it's expensive). As in Linux, there's a learning curve. Do some homework -- there're no refunds. Bon chance! 8)

Buy defense stocks. Raytheon, General dynamics, Lockheed Martin (my company) ;D. All these have been on the increase.