Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: POLL: do microsoft products work for you?

Re: POLL: do microsoft products work for you?

I think my new sig explains it all.
    you gotta email billy boy with your sig as the body.

word and excel do okay.
    i have yet to see an MS os that can hold a candle to linux. i use win2k at work and what a slow freaking POS.
    outlook - our email is really bad. very slow, crashes all the time.

i am just so glad redhat has that cygwin stuff.
    I use win2k at work and I dislike it, having come from NT. I liked NT 4.0. I think it was Microsoft's best OS.

I am not a fan of Word either, as I have used LaTeX on Linux now and see the true way to produce documents. Excel is pretty good, though.

Mostly, I look at Windows as a toy OS. It feels childish and weak compared to Unix. It has a pretty point and drool interface, but under that it is really pretty lame.

My X-Box works flawlessly with incredibly fast load times and has **NOT** been powered off since the day I bought it. Unless I was taking it to work or someplace (not often).

WinXP professional works flawlessly as well. I can say that any piece of software that I have either been given or bought from Microsoft has worked well for me.

I believe that stability and security are in the hands of the administrator of the system. If you build your own computers and they are configured badly it will reflect on the OS of your choice. It is as simple as that, I have always done the windows updates and the service packs and I have to say I have never had a sever stability problem with any of my computers.

I really think people get a little crazy when saying how horrible windows is. I use linux all the time at home. Infact I only use windows for games now. Its never been a big problem with windows its just GNU/linux is better. So I think people should calm down by saying things like windows xp is the worst windows ever. Windows is usable I'd just rather use linux. Honestly XP is pretty good and probably the best windows ever but linux is just better. Maybe I just haven't had a lot of problems with windows. I've used every version from 3.1 and NT 3.51 and they've all worked relatively well for me

All my M$ products fail at least 3 times a day.

yes sometimes they do but not always. I dont want to defend microsoft or anything but there products aren't as bad as some claim they are

It's not only a question of technical ability and performance but also of ethics when it comes to Microsoft. Also, price and freedom. Do you want to pay $300 for software that is only licensed and not very featured? Of course there are software pirates but that goes against freedom.

d00d... that's just... w00t !!!!

lol
    Thanks!

TeRG: heh, that'd be funny. I'd probably just get an auto response, though. Oh yeah, Silly Prince Billy likes it when his computer crashes, remember?