Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For culture enhancement

Re: For culture enhancement

if ziguezon is the song I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure I already have it.

People who do good acadian music would have to be Barachois(from PEI), and Lennie Gallant. Lennie Gallant has a song called "going back to rustico", which I live very close to(like, down the road from where rustico starts), and my grandfather, Gelas, is mentioned in the song, which is really 8)

Lennie doesn't do much French stuff, so if you're looking for that, go find some Barachois stuff

And if you're ever on PEI, try to get to an Acadian House Party with Barachois, it's great fun

ah crap.. I can't remember the name of the group now, but I think they're the ones that sing zigeuzon. GnuVince: who sings that?
    I know the band I'm thinking of sings a song called ziguezon, not sure if it's the same one though... it's some big family group, not the rankins.. some other one.. "suroit" I think!

phpgeek: Ziguezon

Lovechild: yeah I can host.

Mentor

too bad the nordiques moved to colorado, ;D ;D ;D ;D

are you guys the french canadians that want to break off into your own country ( or something like that )

too bad the nordiques moved to colorado, *;D ;D ;D ;D

are you guys the french canadians that want to break off into your own country ( or something like that )
    lol.. there's a small percentage of quebecers who want to do that, yes. I'm not from Quebec, but since if Quebec seperates, the atlantic provinces will be seperated from the rest of Canada, I am kinda conerned about it

phpgeek: err... sorry I'm stupid the group is La Bottine Souriante.

And by the way the thing about Quebec being its own country is slowly losing popularity. When we had a referendum in 1980, ~45% of the people said they wanted a new country and 55% said no. in 1995, second referendum, the ratio was 49.83 versus 50.17. It was EXTREMELY close. But nowadays, polls indicate that people who want seperation are 40%.

Lovechild: yeah I can host.
    And they are off... around 7 megs total I think, hope I didn't mess up your account.
    Very positive music, reflects my state of mind quite well..

Some Texans want to break off and form our own country. Frankly I think they're stupid. Why split off from the richest, most powerful, best country in the world? Granted Texas alone would be fairly powerful but nothing compared to the whole country.

I want to upload something but I can't think of anything. I don't listen to folk music. The music I do listen to is probably popular in most of your countries. I have some music from other countries you probably aren't farmiliar with though, like France, Germany, and Japan. Any requests or suggestions?

I think Stephen Hawking's (aka MC Hawking) is very representative of British music.

And Jay-Z (or whatever they're called) is very representative of the United States...or maybe some Ku Klux Klan speed metal.

Don't forget that Swedish dude who got plastic surgery to look like an elf! All swedes do that nowadays.

And they are off... around 7 megs total I think, hope I didn't mess up your account.
    Very positive music, reflects my state of mind quite well..
    Hrmmm... I didn't recieve them. Yahoo probably blocked them. Instead, send me a message, I'll make you an account, you'll just need to upload the files.