Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

my parents are at it again - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my parents are at it again

Re: my parents are at it again

Then you should just get your grades up and keep them up ASAP.
    im trying...but i assure you, what they are doing is not help

If it isn't helping then it shouldn't affect you right? In other words, it shouldn't matter.

Pinpoint the problem yourself and solve it to gain back your freedom.

TeRG, I think the comments/advice you've been getting here need to be evaluated by YOU, and any decisions must be yours; but your parents have the <enter> key. Your situation may seem unbearable -- even chickenshit -- but there's life after adolescence (most of it, in fact). Hit those books now. There won't be time for it later. At your first job interview, you'll learn that all the company wants to know about you is "what can you contribute to the bottom line of this firm?" There's nothing about Capitalism that says "we love you". If you have nothing to offer, there's always third shift at Dairy Queen. I hope you stay with it. Good luck.

TeRG, I think the comments/advice you've been getting here need to be evaluated by YOU, and any decisions must be yours; but your parents have the <enter> key. *Your situation may seem unbearable -- even chickenshit -- but there's life after adolescence (most of it, in fact). *Hit those books now. *There won't be time for it later. *At your first job interview, you'll learn that all the company wants to know about you is "what can you contribute to the bottom line of this firm?" *There's nothing about Capitalism that says "we love you". *If you have nothing to offer, there's always third shift at Dairy Queen. *I hope you stay with it. *Good luck.
    I already had a job interview and a job. and i am gunna go to train for a second job too. they havnt schedualed the date for the training yet though.

I already had a job interview and a job. and i am gunna go to train for a second job too. they havnt schedualed the date for the training yet though.
    Well there's your problem. You're trying to do work and school at the same time. Forget work because it sucks. Take it from me. You could learn a lot from me.

Well there's your problem. You're trying to do work and school at the same time. Forget work because it sucks. Take it from me. You could learn a lot from me.
    I only work a few hour a week. and thats just because i cant get home untill later on wednesdays and fridays. and as far as the one i just aplied for goes, i get credit for it. and they pay $8.50 an hour.

and they pay $8.50 an hour.
    Damn. I'm 20 and barely managed to make that much. I'm working by contract so I don't have to pay taxes though. [smiles] Plus the cost of living is low around here. I live in the hillbilly ghetto.

I am an uneducated by todays standards white male working (get this) for the government in the IT industry (Self Taught and military experience) I make now just under $30.00 an hour. *However, the point I want to make is perhaps school seems not to offer much, but in the grand scheme of things education is the foundation. *Without my High School Diploma I could not have joined the Navy, I would not have seen most of the world, I would never of had missiles shot over my ship, and most importantly I would never of landed a job that paid $30.00. *While continuing education is your decision, your folks have the right to restrict your rights. *Last time I checked you lived at home. *Hit the books it will all be over soon enough. *Then you can move out, pay rent buy food, pay car expenses, isp costs, computer upgrade costs etc and make your own rules.

My $.02 cents worth
    Rastar ;D

Kind Mastermind

I am an uneducated by todays standards white male working (get this) for the government in the IT industry (Self Taught and military experience) I make now just under $30.00 an hour. *However, the point I want to make is perhaps school seems not to offer much, but in the grand scheme of things education is the foundation. *Without my High School Diploma I could not have joined the Navy, I would not have seen most of the world, I would never of had missiles shot over my ship, and most importantly I would never of landed a job that paid $30.00. *While continuing education is your decision, your folks have the right to restrict your rights. *Last time I checked you lived at home. *Hit the books it will all be over soon enough. *Then you can move out, pay rent buy food, pay car expenses, isp costs, computer upgrade costs etc and make your own rules.

My $.02 cents worth
    Rastar ;D
    Dad...is that you? Just kidding, sounded like a speech my Dad gave to me when I was 15 or 16yrs old. Well, sort of. We didn't have a computer and he was in the Air Force. But, overall, good advise! Now I am in the Air Force, have a decent paying job, almost through with an associates degree, about to start my bachelors degree (in something I would like to do for the rest of my post-military retirement life), have a family, pets, a car payment, etc. All of these things are mine thanks to a high school education and diploma. I couldn't stand the restrictions either. I got yelled at daily. I wasn't good enough: scholasticly, socially, etc. But, I toughed it out and made it. Life gets better. Look at the long term, it sucks less than the short term!

For someone that always bitches and complains about his parents taking away this and that due to your inability follow the rules set by your parents, you certainly have a lot of spare time on your hands.

Is this forum linked to the same Off Topic forum at Linuxnewbie? Your exact same topics are ALL posted on both sites.

If I was your father, the first item I would take away would be the computer.

You won't get any pity from me. Grow up and start applying yourself unless you're intent on working for minimum wage your entire life. You then may not be able to afford a computer to post these enlighening topics.