Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my parents are at it again

my parents are at it again

after i lost my computer and i basically lost my net privilages (because of low grades, but i already explained that in other posts), my parents told me:
    next to go is your tv then your cd player
    they say that they will keep takeing stuff away until dont focuss onto anything except school work. as far as the computer goes, i just focus on that more then i normally would have. i cant help it. i just do.

Re: my parents are at it again

Your parents have noticed that the reign of nazi germany is over, right ?

-- ed!t --

speeling bat, my korekt !

heh.

i dont think so.

Mentor

TeRG,

This just shows that your parents do care about you. Low grades are NOT COOL!
    I remember when I was at your age my parents were taking everything away from me, so I would spend more time studying. At the time I hated them for it. Now looking back at the age of 35 I can't thank them enough for it.
    Now I have a job that I really like (I work on Linux all day ;D) with a decent salary. I wouldn't be in this position if my parents wouldn't have pushed me back then.

Get you grades up, then I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you play on the computer or watch TV, or whatever. It will also benefit you in the long run, trust me on that one.

My 2 cents.

you should tell them that the WWII is definiatly over .. anyway ..

hmm you should tell your parents that it wont help if they take the things away .. i would start to protest against them .. but thats just my opinion ..

Cloverm is right, his parents just care a lot about him. I bet that he is mouthy and a procrastinator with his school work and his parents are sick of it and they are punishing him. I went through the same thing with my parents and with the same results... They win, I lose and I come out better because of it. Just grow up and do it, you may not like it. But you have to do it.

i know they are trying to be good parents. but the thing is, now since they cant find anything that might be affecting my work, they are now just takeing random things away. this is where i feel they are going so far.

i know they are trying to be good parents. but the thing is, now since they cant find anything that might be affecting my work, they are now just takeing random things away. *this is where i feel they are going so far.
    When you are a parent you tend to "try every tactic and then use whatever works in the future" I believe thats what they are doing, I suggest making something that they are doing to you work or you will have a unbearable life for a while. I suggest making them think that the radio is what does it since I figure you can live w/o a radio....

they know i dont listen to the radio much. they always seem to start with my newest thing (even if i dont use it much) thats over $100 and then take everything away in order of newest to oldest.

they know i dont listen to the radio much. *they always seem to start with my newest thing (even if i dont use it much) thats over $100 and then take everything away in order of newest to oldest.
    Then you should just get your grades up and keep them up ASAP.