Thread: Now THIS is what electric guitar is about

Now THIS is what electric guitar is about

Hear Steve Vai at the 1996 G3. This is the ending solo of the song <I must look for song title>. VERY good. If you want to hear a yet better guitarist (IMO), get something about Joe Satriani: totally awesome

The Link: http://darkhost.mine.nu:81/vai.mpg

Re: Now THIS is what electric guitar is about

Ten megs?! That's craziness. I could get a 10 minute mp3 for that big of download.

Yes, both frickn good guitarists. I am not really into the ripping only styles but they are extreamly, extreamly taleneted.

Ten megs?! That's craziness. I could get a 10 minute mp3 for that big of download.
    That's a video. Normally people understand better what I mean by good guitar player when I show them images and not only sounds

That's a video. Normally people understand better what I mean by good guitar player when I show them images and not only sounds
    Well that makes sense, but that doesn't make it take less time for me to download (about an hour). I'm impressed by watching my brother play though. He has gotten really good. When he plays those Pantera solos, I wonder how anyone is capable of doing that.

Well that makes sense, but that doesn't make it take less time for me to download (about an hour). I'm impressed by watching my brother play though. He has gotten really good. When he plays those Pantera solos, I wonder how anyone is capable of doing that.
    Watch the video. Tell me if your brother can do that (you can ask him). I've played guitar for several years and at my "summom" I couldn't even get close to that. I could do a whole lot of stuff, but this is just too hard.

Ok, I'll check out the video when I'm finished surfing the board and see just how spectacular this is.

Ah! This guy. I've heard his music before but didn't know who he was and I've heard of Steve Vai but didn't know what he played. Now it all comes together. I recognized it the first few notes from his guitar. But anyway, I've downloaded almost 4 megs so far. No, my brother couldn't play that stuff. But I'd say he's just under that level. To know the pinnacle of his skills, listen to a Pantera solo like in Cemetary Gates. That stuff blows my mind when I actually see it played in front of me. He can also play some Hendrix and other legends but Pantera is my favorite to watch. I'm not a big Pantera fan but to see the guitar part played live...