Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Good web portal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good web portal

Good web portal

Hey guys,

Now that Excite@Home is going out of business, i have to find a new homepage for my mom. It has to have a search engine and weather and stuff. Anybody have any suggestions?

Re: Good web portal

I've been using Yahoo since I've had the internet. It has all those important things, I use their e-mail, and the index page loads fast.

It doesn't seem to have the local weather, though. I wonder if my mom would just settle for google....

How about you make a web page for her? You put her weather, a search engine (Google), etc.

I'm pretty sure My Yahoo has the weather.

You might wanna email Google about something like My Google.

Google is soo l33t man!

Even if you decide on something else, you can probably hook the Google toolbar on it. Very handy. 8)

You might wanna email Google about something like My Google.

Google is soo l33t man!
    Nah, the reason I like google so much is you don't get blasted with stuff when you go to its web page. Just a google graphic, a couple of links and a search box.

See seems happy with My Yahoo...

See? Walk with God and you will reap the benefits of happiness.