Thread: Woo Hoo -- My ugly mug was on TechTV!

Woo Hoo -- My ugly mug was on TechTV!

Ok, ok, the topic was very lame, but my mug actually got 90 seconds of air time! Yes, yes, the camera loves me. And what was the topic you ask? A network administrators ability to break his or her user's passwords with one of many tools (I used L0pht crack to demonstrate since I was on a winders box). The funny thing was that during the interview I was asked if I ever did this and I said, why would want to? If I needed access to something, I simply gave myself access to it. I don't think that was the answer they were looking for.

Re: Woo Hoo -- My ugly mug was on TechTV!

damn! whay can't you tell us these things in advance? will there be a re-run?

That is wicked. I wish I could get on tv, even if as the computer geek I am.

damn! whay can't you tell us these things in advance? will there be a re-run?
    I didn't even get to see it. It was all very last minute. I have a good friend who is a freelance writer/journalist/producer for CNN and TechTV. He called me up at last minute and asked if he could come by my job with a camera crew. I went to see Lord of The Rings with him last night and he said, "Oh by the way, your piece aired."

It was very all funny because he and the camera man wanted to get shots of me doing work so I pulled up a bunch of nonsense perfmon counters on my Windows boxes and compiled things that didn't need to be compiled on my RH boxes, just so it looked like something exciting was going on. I wrote fake email and typed "Mary had a little lamb" into notepad so they could get shots of hands typing. Yes I know, all very sad. But this is the entertaiment business. He has a tape of the piece, but I have yet to see that too.

Hopefully I can get some more air time in the future.

I wrote fake email and typed "Mary had a little lamb" into notepad so they could get shots of hands typing. Yes I know, all very sad.
    The BBC filmed my hands doing the same for Tommorows World/Dream Lives, no it's not sad, my digits are famous *;D

They were doing a peice on future technology in schools, it was my first week (both here and as an admin) and I had to get all this kit working, talk about dropping me in at the deep end.