Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2600 Members ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2600 Members ??

Good Guru

2600 Members ??

Who else here is a 2600 "member" or attendee? I am at the milwaukee ones most of the time.

Re: 2600 Members ??

My neighbor is a sub7. Strange guy.

what is this 2600?

what is this 2600?
    The only 2600 I know of is a hacker magazine.

hacking like the real meaning of hacking or hacking as in cracking? Thats probably a stupid question because I doubt theres a magazine about exploiting other peoples computers

you mean by UWM ?? at kenwood ave?

hacking like the real meaning of hacking or hacking as in cracking? Thats probably a stupid question because I doubt theres a magazine about exploiting other peoples computers
    It's kind of both. It covers programming, how to find and patch exploits, has information on telephony/phreaking, and political stuff. It's a very good magizine.

That reminds me of something funny. Before I had the internet, my friend claimed to be a great hacker and all. He pointed me to 2600's site and told me that was how to learn hacking. He also said he was one of the leaders in Phrozen Crue. (Maybe some of you actually know them.) Also one time he said he learned from the movie hackers. (Are you realizing that he's a pathological liar?) Then I got the internet and started learning stuff and he quit saying that stuff. Then, just a few months ago, he called and asked if I knew about that "new" thing called DSL. I nearly died laughing right on the phone.

It's kind of both. It covers programming, how to find and patch exploits, has information on telephony/phreaking, and political stuff. It's a very good magizine.
    I remember visiting their website on Jan 1st, 2000. It said something about how Jan 1st, 1900 was not a valid date and that I could be arrested for breaking the law, depending on the laws in my state. I just laughed and printed the error. I think I might still have it lying around, I'll look for it when I get home.

I don't think there's a 2600 group in Quebec.