Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 more months...

Re: 3 more months...

What happens if you get drunk before you turn 21? Do you get thrown into jail or something?

Wow. When I turned 18, I got to register for the draft. Then I got to take a physical exam. Then I got to decide if I A. wanted to live in Canada, or B. Join the Navy and see the world, or C. Get drafted, and go to Vietnam, so I D. got rip-roaring drunk, tried to fail the physical with an industrial-strength hangover, passed it ANYWAY, and joined the Navy.
    I want to point out that I WASN'T able to try to vote out the politicians who got us involved in S.E. Asia, because even though I COULD legally die for my country AND get legally drunk, I COULDN'T vote!!!

The last time I got really drunk was when I was 19. I've grown up since then and now I don't drink that much. These US laws are strange - the age of drinking untill loss of consciousness is from 15 to 18. Later it's less fun - people tend to get too serious.

hmm here in Austria its legal to buy it at all ages, to drink it in public you must be 16 ..

What happens if you get drunk before you turn 21? Do you get thrown into jail or something?
    Well if you're at your house and someone else got it for you, no one can do anything. Under certain other circumstances, you could get a fine I guess.

Good Guru

Well if you're at your house and someone else got it for you, no one can do anything.
    That someone could get sued so make sure you are not THAT someone.

That someone could get sued so make sure you are not THAT someone.
    If you're under 18 probably. I meant if you were from 18 to 20, like me. And if you're 18, there's still a way but it has to be that your parents let you have it. And in that case, they still needn't get caught because it could be used against them to lose custody later on.