Thread: Headline at BBC

Headline at BBC

I just read this headline over at BBC: "Antibiotic may treat MS" Oh good I thought!! ;D

Re: Headline at BBC

Do you have a URL ??

I think that headline refers to Multiple Sclerosis. My wife suffers from it, so we keep tabs on such things.

have u guys tried weed for it? cuz i've heard that lot's of MS-patients like to use weed to feel better

True fact, bro. There used to be a Federal program that provided USDA grown and rolled J's for MS patients. It was discontinued during George the First's administration. Oddly enough, my wife was badly stung by wasps several years ago (she just couldn't get away from them because of the MS) but it turned out to be a blessing- she hasn't had an exacerbation (attack) since then. It appears that the insect venom helped her. There are a number of programs researching the effect of insect venom on neurological diseases going on now- interesting.

True fact, bro. There used to be a Federal program that provided USDA grown and rolled J's for MS patients. It was discontinued during George the First's administration. Oddly enough, my wife was badly stung by wasps several years ago (she just couldn't get away from them because of the MS) but it turned out to be a blessing- she hasn't had an exacerbation (attack) since then. It appears that the insect venom helped her. There are a number of programs researching the effect of insect venom on neurological diseases going on now- interesting.
    Wow - man talk about a blessing in disguise.

Yeah, it did refer to Multiple Sclerosis but I thought (From my point of view) that it was quite funny. (Not that there is anything funny about Multiple Sclerosis)

True. MS is in no way funny -- but the headline (not the story) was. 8)

The biggest problem with Multiple sclerosis is that it is a disease that strikes young adults. *The younger you are when it develops, the more severely it affects you. *It's very insidious, but sometimes, like with my wife, it really hits hard. *She went blind in her left eye, and lost about 75% of the use of her left leg in the first exacerbation. *The only good thing about MS is that after an exacerbation passes, the victim often regains a sgnificant portion of the use of the affected areas- that's what happened to my wife. *She had several more exacerbations over a period of about 10 years, then the wasp incident happened, and she's been pretty good since then.
    If you guys ever want to give money for research, give it to MS research, it's in your own best interests.