Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy crap, uptimes.

Holy crap, uptimes.

I was just surfing netcraft, and I found this one site with a 3.5 year uptime. It's BSD...

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=w11.dion.ne.jp

The site itself is pretty funny. I wouldn't say it gets much traffic

Re: Holy crap, uptimes.

And apparently, the list of 50 longest uptimes contains only BSD/OS, FreeBSD, and IRIX servers. No windows anywhere

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/today/top.avg.html

on the now dead www.uptimes.net website, the leading machine was a NetBSD box. Last time I saw it, it was at 1900 days. I would say it's at about 2100 right now. This means almost 6 years.

on the now dead www.uptimes.net website, the leading machine was a NetBSD box. Last time I saw it, it was at 1900 days. I would say it's at about 2100 right now. This means almost 6 years.
    Yeah. I checked a few months ago and it was at about 5 1/2 years. I'd say it's very close to 6 years.

And apparently, the list of 50 longest uptimes contains only BSD/OS, FreeBSD, and IRIX servers. No windows anywhere
    No Linux either. Gyahaha.

Kind Mastermind

No Linux either. Gyahaha.
    I wonder why that is. Hmmm. Probably has something to do with all of the kernel updates that have been going on over the years.

I wonder why that is. Hmmm. Probably has something to do with all of the kernel updates that have been going on over the years.
    Well ya know, it's not like there haven't been any updates to the FreeBSD kernel. In actuality, I would say the reason Linux isn't near the top is probably because the time these other machines started running, Linux was hardly used. But still, not even in the top 50? That's quite a shocker. I'm going to have to review that list when I get back from my nightly sponge bath. Aren't nurses wonderful?

Ok, so nearly all 50 have been running for at least 2 years. Linux was hardly used that long ago.

That's probably the best excuse you can use.

I concur. Linux was only starting to catch on a couple years ago..along with the rise of the dot com business.

I think the reason there are no Linux systems with 6 year uptimes would be because you'd be using kernel 2.0 or less