Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

biggest download?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: biggest download?

biggest download?

The biggest download I've ever accomplished was around 900 MB on a 56k dialup connection. I downloaded the entire Mandrake distribution and some extras, using a downloader for X (a download resumer) I didn't think it would ever be finished.

Mike

Re: biggest download?

next time... www.cheapbytes.com - will cost you less !

and j00 are so damn insane, downloading 900 megz on 56K.............. I LIKE YOU !!!

Kind Mastermind

The biggest download I've ever accomplished was around 900 MB on a 56k dialup connection. I downloaded the entire Mandrake distribution and some extras, using a downloader for X (a download resumer) *I didn't think it would ever be finished.

Mike
    I tried that once. Then I got bored and quit downloading it. I get bored rather easily. You are one brave man for doing that though.

I once downloaded 11 linux ISOs (something like 8 GBs) in just under 1 1/2 days.

It's ok to hate me

I once downloaded 11 linux ISOs (something like 8 GBs) in just under 1 1/2 days.

It's ok to hate me
    /me kicks feztaa repeatedly.... Now whip that damn smile of your face !

Don't worry, I'm really going to take it in the shorts when I get the cable bill for this month. I'm only allowed to download 6 GBs/month!! And I downloaded that 8 GBs on the 10th! There's no way I can go the rest of the month without internet

I downloaded the 3 FreeBSD ISO's, the 3 Debian ISO's and NetBSD and OpenBSD's install CD's. Thank god for wget

I downloaded half a Slackware iso at my college during a LAN party. Unfortunately, I didn't get it all downloaded so I had to finish the rest of the ~300 megs at home on my 28k connection. I guess it took almost as long as your download jimcook.

I'm actually ~670MB into a ~690MB dl(demolinux ISO), and this is on 56k!!

it's taken awhile, but I'm allowed to leave it on downloading while I'm at school, and I can download about 100MB/school day. plus, then I can mess around with my comp via webmin even though it's a BIT slow...

Fetzaa: what did you downld that was 8 gb in 1 day
    2000 mp3s?
    my biggest was solaris8, 4 cds, approx 2,5 gb. in order to do it i needed a dl manager
    that was able to resume dls even when the server changes.
    no easy. but i got it.