Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Relics, Antiques, Fossiles, UNITE

Relics, Antiques, Fossiles, UNITE

I want to get ALL the "OLD" people on this board to work together against this disgusting thing called "Youth"! *"Youth" is our enemy. *People who are infected with "Youth" are not strictly Human. *They listen to loud, annoying music, stay up 'til all hours drinking, and just generally annoy "OLD"(read: normal) people like us. *If we don't stamp out "Youth" now, they'll slowly take over everything, leaving us with nothing but memories of when we were the leaders.
    My suggestion is to always treat them like they're small children, you know, like they can't do ANYTHING for themselves, and when they want to try something new, tell 'em: "Oh, you wouldn't like that. *It's too hard for you." *That'll fix 'em

Kind Mastermind

Re: Relics, Antiques, Fossiles, UNITE

I want to get ALL the "OLD" people on this board to work together against this disgusting thing called "Youth"! *"Youth" is our enemy. *People who are infected with "Youth" are not strictly Human. *They listen to loud, annoying music, stay up 'til all hours drinking, and just generally annoy "OLD"(read: normal) people like us. *If we don't stamp out "Youth" now, they'll slowly take over everything, leaving us with nothing but memories of when we were the leaders.
    My suggestion is to always treat them like they're small children, you know, like they can't do ANYTHING for themselves, and when they want to try something new, tell 'em: "Oh, you wouldn't like that. *It's too hard for you." *That'll fix 'em
    Please define "old", ok? I don't think I'm old, but I'm not exactly young, either. Thanks.

Please define "old", ok? *I don't think I'm old, but I'm not exactly young, either. *Thanks.
    Old enough to be able to remember when Gerald R. Ford was president.

Does 17 count as 'old'?

I hate young people (mainly teenagers and younger - especially the girls)... they act like total jerks and brainless morons... does that make me old ?

Kind Mastermind

Old enough to be able to remember when Gerald R. Ford was president.
    I vaguely remember him (I was born in 1971). I even remember seeing news clips about the Vietnam war. Of course, I remember when MASH was a new series! I have a strange memory, I guess. I can't remember what my wife just said to me, but I can remember things from when I was two. Wierd.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Someone [probably famous] once said that youth is wasted on the young. I wouldn't know if it's true or not as all my friends are young.

I just want to babysit grandchildren when I want to, not when the kids want to goof off. Makes me glad that they live several states away, so it's just an issue several times a year. I see that as this cranky relic's right; but my wife seems of a more mellow mind...

I'm pretty old. I went over the hill almost a year ago. Yep, I'm almost 21. My body is starting to deteriorate.

I remember watching the Apollo moon missions on television...