Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Decoding Dish Network Signal with a 486...

Thread: Decoding Dish Network Signal with a 486...

Decoding Dish Network Signal with a 486...

I was going to get rid of a 486 I have here but my bro told me that he has heard that it is possible to decode Dish Network's signal if you use a computer... Is that true... Point me to the right dirrection...

Re: Decoding Dish Network Signal with a 486...

hi gmoreno,
    i think you want a custom 'smart card' - these are illeagal in the US. how to do it with a 486 i would have no idea, you would need the box from the vendor, i am pretty sure it is an intel processor in there (x86), i have seen some assembly language for the codes, and you need to re-program the smart card with these codes.

as far as i am concerned these companies don't mind nailing our homes with 12 GHz signals day and night and if you have the smarts to decode the signals they are hitting *your* home with then by all means decode them.

http://www.pcmag.com/article/0,2997,...53D1807,00.asp

And let me know if you find a way to cheat cell phones and use them for free. My uncle showed me how once but it didn't work on my particular phone for some reason.

I would prob would do that to a sell phone but I would be affraid to be found.. I think they can tell where you at when you place a call...

I would prob would do that to a sell phone but I would be affraid to be found.. *I think they can tell where you at when you place a call...
    analog phone - no, well not within 250 m, cdma probably within 100 m, after the e911 rules go in effect then it will be within 50 m.

Good Guru

I used to chased the crack code of DirectTV network dish. The problem is finding the hardware for it. So I gave up.

Actually, as pbharris pointed out, you need the smart card from the dish network you want to do. Then you replace the box with your computer effectively making it the dish box. Since the original box runs off of software, it's possible to reprogram it to be able to decode. But you still need some other equipments such as satellite antana and stuff like that.

If you check the hardware sale forum, you will also see Mountainman's thread about it but I don't think he has acquired it yet but you can find locally, I guess, if you want. The problem is locating the hardware for it and none of my friends wanted to get rid off theirs'.

Well I have a dish with Dish Network and antena... All I need is to know How to hook up a computer to decode it's signal....

Good Guru

You didn't hear this from me. ;D

http://66.40.78.100/Products/Deal_Steals/

www.dssunderground.com

Their site will be back up soon. They will have all the info you need.