Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNO account eaten

Re: LNO account eaten

ill check a few sites....
    (internet.com, pinehead, and phpwebhosting
    they all run linux on apache, however, internet.com itslef is solaris but linuxnewbie.org is linux

I've had 4 accounts with a total of 9,000 posts eaten by the LNO Gods and emailing internet.com doesn't help. Not even a acknowledgement that they received the email.

You cannot even register again since their smtp system hasn't worked for a few months now.

I did read in a post by hmaratouk they are working on upgrading/changing the bbs software and will hopefully fix the accounts or get the email working again so the passwords can be sent out when someone registers.

I've been a member over there since Aug. of '99. I've never had a problem, but I don't post much (don't care for a lot of folks over there.) I think the secret is to never log out of your account. I never have, and I've never had a problem.

I've been a member over there since Aug. of '99. I've never had a problem, but I don't post much (don't care for a lot of folks over there.) I think the secret is to never log out of your account. I never have, and I've never had a problem.
    I hope I wasn't one of them.

The last account I lost was around 3 months ago and at that time someone posted that the bbs was having a lot of problems for a few days. It might have been suggested to do so or I just logged out thinking I wouldn't be affected.

After that, no more account and NO responses to the many emails I sent asking for assistance. Even the mods tried emailing on my behalf.

I had an account there for a good long time myself. I was Wonock for about a year and a half, and then my account got eaten (don't know why). Then I spent the remaining time there as Ashcrow ... that probably got eaten as well.

i'm trying to find out who is worse:
    LNO for eating accounts
    or... u guys for still going there despite their sucky service

I remember the old days. It was great. All the Linux people I knew were at one forum. Then Sensei got canned and everything split up. I signed up at other places but still posted primarily at LNO. It's hard to leave your home even when it's falling apart. Then I got banned and that was basically the end of LNO for me. I could have told Maratouk I would never do what I did again but I'd rather leave LNO than sacrifice my dignity. Oh well. They lost a contributor to the site. You can still see my tutorial there. I'm sure I could have them take it down if I wanted but that would just make it harder on newbies.

And then there's me, I didn't even find LNO until after Sensei got canned. It wasn't too bad at first, but it went seriously downhill from there. Then I found LJR, and have been happy ever since

Luckily cloverm and gonzojohn both seem as dedicated to their sites as sensei was, and they've learned not to sell out from sensei's harsh fate, so hopefully the same won't happen to LJR and LO.

it better not. i like these sites the way they are.