Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Can't get YaBB to work >:(

Thread: Can't get YaBB to work >:(

Can't get YaBB to work >:(

I'm changing boards from UltraBoard 2001 to the newest version of YaBB. Before I uploaded it to my web space I wanted to test it on my Linux box and get everything just the way I want it before I go changing stuff on my site. Well, now I'm getting a ton of 500 Internal Server Errors. I've tried chmoding the files to what is said in the install file and to a ton of different stuff. Mod_perl is on and so is almost ever other thing for Apache. Path to perl is pointing to /usr/bin/perl and when I run 'which perl' on my box it comes up with the same path.

After failing on my box I just uploaded to my web space online (Solaris servers) and I got the exact same problems. I was only supposed to spend 1 hour max on this but now its turned into 3 hours!! Someone help me out.

BTW, these were .zip files that i downloaded and opened with 'unzip'. Since they're not native to *nix is there a chance of data corruption?

Re: Can't get YaBB to work >:(

Anyone?

if your using yabbse then try the safe mode one. thats how the whizzard got mine to work (terg.thewhizzardslair.net)

I'm using the one posted on this page. http://www.yabbforum.com/downloads.php

unzip -a yabb.zip
    will fix that.

unzip -a yabb.zip
    will fix that.
    Yep, worked like a charm. Thanks.

Anyone know much about administering these boards? Right now I see an option set to clear posts after 30 days, I dont want it clearing posts at all. Do I just take out 30 or do I add something in there?

i belive i have mine to delete posts after 90 days of inactivity. thats what i think is the best way to go about it, unless you have a very popular board. then you wait a year to delete posts.