Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on marrige?

Re: Your opinion on marrige?

I read this thread with the same dumbfounded disgust as popcorn. I think that if a woman is going to stay at home all day and mooch of her husband's money, she damn well better have all the chores done and have dinner ready by the time he gets home, or she ought to be thrown out on her ass.

Then I realized that every single girl in my Physics 30 class agreed that their plans for after highschool were to find some rich guy, marry him, and mooch his money for the rest of their life (they mentioned this in a class discussion once. don't ask how it came up). :-/

I think I have sort of a caveman geneset - I believe that men and women are equal - but on some level I still believe that when I get married it's also a promise to protect the woman I love from all things bad - therefore would like to be able to provide for her, not saying that she should stay at home or anything.

I guess I'm just strange that way.... *ugh!*

I think I have sort of a caveman geneset - I believe that men and women are equal - but on some level I still believe that when I get married it's also a promise to protect the woman I love from all things bad - therefore would like to be able to provide for her, not saying that she should stay at home or anything.

I guess I'm just strange that way.... *ugh!*
    I knida feel the same way, but I would [s]expect[/s] hope my missus to be happy to suport me should needs arise.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

On a lighter note, check out http://absofacts2.com/oscarwilde/marriage.htm

Who said anything about protection? This is about lazy bitches that marry someone for a free ride. I'll protect my wife and she should protect me too in other ways.

Kind Mastermind

On a lighter note, check out http://absofacts2.com/oscarwilde/marriage.htm
    You almost had falling out of my chair with that one! I think that I will stop talking to my wife in public now .

As for the other things said, I guess most of us are in agreement, one way or another. I, too, at time can't stand being married (re: Jonathan), but I think that the greatest thing about being married is the challenge of finding the solution to a problem. My wife doesn't mooch off of me (hell, if she is, boy is she blind! They don't pay a whole heck of a lot of money to us enlisted pukes!), she takes care of our kids. The greatest thing about the mother is that she is the first teacher of the child. Without her, my kids would be eating MRE's and drinking water out of canteens (if you think that I am kidding, you're dead wrong), cursing like sailors, and they would think that camo is cool. So, my wife gives them proper, civilized training. She contributes way more to our family than I do, quite frankly. I wish that that "woman" could see how a real marriage works, then she would be ashamed of her statements. Oh, well.

...and they would think that camo is cool.
    Is something wrong with camouflage? By the way, if I was a single parent, my kids would be just like you said yours would. They'd have to learn to fend for themselves more than normally.

look up the definition of husband and husbandry. it means to take care off. when you are married, then say " i now pronounce you husband and wife" NOT " i now pronounce you equals." yes, a husband and wife both have a say in things, but in no sense
    are they equals, nor can they be! each has different roles, responsibilities, abilities. to demand equal output of very
    different individuals is disrespectful of their differences.
    the differing roles of husband and wife have been developed
    from 35,000 years of human evolution.

Kind Mastermind

Is something wrong with camouflage? By the way, if I was a single parent, my kids would be just like you said yours would. They'd have to learn to fend for themselves more than normally.
    <g> Nothing is wrong with camouflage, I wear it to work everyday.

I would have to say that I am definitely inadequate to the task of raising a family alone. My wife is the moderator, the teacher, and comforter. I can, and do, comfort my kids, but not in the same way that she does. I am the one who brings them to the emergency room when they are really sick or if they hurt themselves really badly (my three year old has had stitches already. She has my clumsy gene). I am more of a no-nonsense type of comforter. The strong, silent type...so to speak. They look to me for strength and guidance (not to mention, I am more of fellow child sometimes. I get down on the floor and rough house with them. I act like the monkey and jump all around the house with them under my arm {they make great bananas}). That is my role in the house. I couldn't imagine my wife having a different, more selfish role in our house. It would turn things upside down. I am so glad to be blessed by her in my life.

<g> Nothing is wrong with camouflage, I wear it to work everyday.
    Where do you work? By the way, I wore it today too. And I can really identify with you on the rest even though I've never had kids. I do have a 3 year old brother and my mom babysits for a living so I do know somewhat how I am around kids.