Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Domain registration

Domain registration

Hey guys,

I am going to be hosting a website for my dad and I need to purchase a domain name. I would prefer as cheap as possible but with a company that has a good reputation and good customer service. Any ideas?

Re: Domain registration

I use directnic.com for my domain name registration. It's $15 a year and they have email forwarding and other cool stuff that can come in handy. They also have great customer support IMHO.

A friend of mine swears by godaddy.com. It think it is cheaper but you don't get all the bells and whistles that directnic provides and I am nost sure about their customer support.

register.com is supposed to have good service, but isnt that cheap. thats all i know though..i never ysed it

godaddy.com. 8.95/year or less, and you own the domain, and they don't spam you, and it's cool.

i had it recommended to me by chase (chased.org), and i use it and had no problems at all.

you can check their faqs; even if they go outta business they have a deal with whoever it was that had the strangle-hold on registrations for years to honor all the registrations they do. it's pretty much a good thing.

How much bandwidth are you looking to use? I run a small hosting company on the side, with full linux support, and even mail server support....

Mentor

How much bandwidth are you looking to use? I run a small hosting company on the side, with full linux support, and even mail server support....
    Oh really? Can you help us with hosting this site?

I would, but I don't have *THAT* much b/w.

I'm only on a 640/256 line ATM.... Hopefully in a year or so, when the design side of it picks up, I'll be able to afford more data lines. Then I would be THRILLED to host this site.

Untill then, It's mostly little stuff that I can do.

I *could* offer email addresses for this domain... for the moderators and admin's and what not....

www.itsyourdomain.com has great service and they charge $14.95.

Good Guru

mydomain.com . Many of us here use mydns.com for the DNS side of it.

I would, but I don't have *THAT* much b/w.

I'm only on a 640/256 line ATM.... Hopefully in a year or so, when the design side of it picks up, I'll be able to afford more data lines. Then I would be THRILLED to host this site.

Untill then, It's mostly little stuff that I can do.

I *could* offer email addresses for this domain... for the moderators and admin's and what not....
    How cool! How did you get started with it and is it making any money for you?