Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BAN MICROSOFT!!!!!!!

Re: BAN MICROSOFT!!!!!!!

TeRG, you're childish. It's just a successful company.
    By 'successful', do you mean that Microsoft is good at putting out substandard software and strong-arming the public into being overcharged for it all?

What I don't understand is why MS didn't market Win 2k for the home user; they deliberately marketed Win Me to us instead, and it turned out to be a pile of crap (and I'm sure our buddy Bill Gates already knew this well before handing it to us on a steaming platter). If that isn't a good example of Microsoft dishing out substandard software to the public when there were perfectly acceptable alternatives available, I don't know what is. >

The GNUrilla - To protect and serve
    GNUrilla? (pardon my stupidity, but what does the -rilla part mean?)

That is a pretty spiffy name, though, even if it is one that I might not have thought of myself.

"The GNUrilla - To protect and serve"...it's catchy, and unique

Sure, MS is a good example of what not to do. But they try so hard at convincing everybody that they're doing the Right Thing, and unfortunately too many people believe them. That's why MS needs to be dissappeared.

GNUrilla? (pardon my stupidity, but what does the -rilla part mean?)

That is a pretty spiffy name, though, even if it is one that I might not have thought of myself.

"The GNUrilla - To protect and serve"...it's catchy, and unique
    It's like gurilla warfare, only it's GNU so therefore it must become GNUrilla warfare ! and we will become the GNUrilla !

By 'successful', do you mean that Microsoft is good at putting out substandard software and strong-arming the public into being overcharged for it all?
    We all know what Microsoft's practices are. It is, however, normal that thay wan't to make as much profit as they can. Let's fight them by offering a better product. Maybe then, they'll be a less successful company.
    I certainly don't like the word 'ban' in this context.

TeRG, you're childish. It's just a successful company.
    How many times has this been said...

If you don't like it, then don't use it.

Freedom of choice.

Personally I have to support MS at work along with MVS/OS390, AIX and Netware. If they pay me, I will support it.

At home I only use Linux plus a Netware 5.1 server.

If you don't HAVE to use Microsoft's products, then just don't use them. End of story.

How many times has this been said...

If you don't like it, then don't use it.

Freedom of choice.

Personally I have to support MS at work along with MVS/OS390, AIX and Netware. If they pay me, I will support it.

At home I only use Linux plus a Netware 5.1 server.

If you don't HAVE to use Microsoft's products, then just don't use them. End of story.
    You have a Netware server at home! That's cool!

i hate M$ but I love my microshaft optical mouse and the ergonomic keyboard.

If you like the MS mouse, I suggest you try the Logitech mice. They look cooler, are just as functional, and don't break as often

If you like the MS mouse, I suggest you try the Logitech mice. They look cooler, are just as functional, and don't break as often
    And even better, the Logitech trackball. They look cooler, are just as functional, don't break as often, and require moving just a single finger instead of a whole hand.

(My wrist starts to get tired after using a mouse for a while, so a trackball was not only a want but a need for me.)