Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

BAN MICROSOFT!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BAN MICROSOFT!!!!!!!

BAN MICROSOFT!!!!!!!

we should make a group of people that are willing to fight microsoft.....with a name....we would have to fight to ban microsoft.....fight to win. any ideas?

Re: BAN MICROSOFT!!!!!!!

How about something with 'GNU' in the name?

When we're fighting to ban Microsoft, does this mean that we'll have to boycott all their products? Does this also mean that those of us who join up with this movement will no longer be able to use 'borrowed' copies of software designed for the OS? I sure hope not, because I hate it when morals get in the way of political movements. :

Seriously, I don't think that we really need to do much fighting, per se.

If we, as linux users, continue to support kernel and software development, as well as noncommercial distros such as Debian (since any linux-based distro that is run by a company can be destroyed when said company goes out of business), all we'll really have to is wait until Microsoft pulls an Enron.

We'll be waiting, lurking in the shadows, to grab our chance to make Linux the OS that is used by the masses... Yes, we will win in the end...if we persevere

How about something with 'GNU' in the name?

When we're fighting to ban Microsoft, does this mean that we'll have to boycott all their products? Does this also mean that those of us who join up with this movement will no longer be able to use 'borrowed' copies of software designed for the OS? I sure hope not, because I hate it when morals get in the way of political movements. *:
    i just want to make it so nobody buys their stuff anymore.....then they will pull an enron

i just want to make it so nobody buys their stuff anymore.....then they will pull an enron
    Well, in that case I suppose we could try to create a sort of club where everyone in it is required to use free Linux software only (and by free I mean non-commercial). Perhaps we should make attempts to discourage certain developers from writing software that would allow Win products to work on Linux (Lindows, WINE, and WineX come to mind here; you know, some people say that the demise of OS/2 started when IBM incorporated support for Windows 3.11 into their OS. Apparently, many coders didn't see any reason for writing software for OS/2 when they could just write it for Windows and it would work on both OSes).

As long as we remain non-commercial, and the members of this community are widespread (throughout the world), I can't imagine how our 'movement' could ever fail; Microsoft would never be able to hunt down and destroy all the individuals working to make Linux better and more capable of being Windows' replacement on the desktop.

(Probably what will be the biggest incentive for people to join up with us will be the knowledge that aside from spreading propaganda, it will literally cost people $0 to be a member of our club, and they'll be spending $0 on software, possibly for the rest of their lives! What could be better than getting something for free? 8))

microsoft is already doing a good job of getting themselves banned

microsoft is already doing a good job of getting themselves banned
    heh...........yeah

Mentor

I dont think microsoft should be banned!!

Why should they?

Where would we (as a society ) be then?

Whats wrong with competiton? Just because microsoft over powers their competition dosnt mean we should ban them?

With out Microsoft we would be NOWHERE there would be no Linux, Linuxjunior. We should thank microsoft for showing what NOT to do, we should thank them for showing the Linux community the right wat to do things. I say why ban the when we could learn for thier mistakes and biuld on thier misfortunes, I say long live Microsoft, because as long there is microsoft there will be linux. As soon as Linux becomes the big game in town there willbe another OS community trying to do away with this one, it's one big circle and i'm just along for the ride!!!

The GNUrilla - To protect and serve

TeRG, you're childish. It's just a successful company.