Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Much joy!

Thread: Much joy!

Hybrid View

Much joy!

I finally quit my job at the grocery store! I'm over with 2 jobs, over with 7-day work weeks, over with a stupid boss! I'm very happy right now!

Re: Much joy!

That's good news Vince, I've done a lot of that kind of crap in my life, and it always feels good when it stops. Now, put all that free time to good use!! ;D

I know how you feel. My worst job was as pianist at Maison du Fifi in Newark. They were ugly, but they got all the tips. Enjoy your idle time. You gotta take the breaks when you can. 8)

You gotta take the breaks when you can. 8)
    That's exactly why I left: I could never take breaks. When I did take one, my boss always said "Why hasn't that been done?" and if you mention you took a break, he will look at you all weird. That's part of the reason why I left. Other than that, There are 12 employees in this grocery: 15 left since I came in. This isn't the same staff than when I came in, so I decided I wanted to leave (plus, the new butcher was really a dork: I hate him)

I'll miss the tips and the clients, but that's part of the deal.

Well, sorry to hear it didn't work out for you Vince, (I've been in jobs I hate too - it sucks) but you'll soon be on to bigger and better things, I have no doubt.

binary_boy: I'm on an internship full time during the week. 8$/hr, 35 hrs/wk. So I'm not completely broke.

And I realize now, that I should've quit when I first htought about it, about 4 months ago.

What grocery chain did you work at?

What grocery chain did you work at?
    Marché Richelieu