Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .NET (The end of the OS ?)

Re: .NET (The end of the OS ?)

I didn't say anything bad about M$. In fact, I think M$ has some good creations, Office being one of the few.

BUT it doens't means what ever they are doing with .NET is a good thing. As history have shown, M$ will participate in Standards works only if it will benefit them more. And they seems to do embrace and extend more than embrace and keep.

I'm just saying that it's far from reality at this point of time and the way their implementation history with security related tools. Would you trust that on Microsoft??
    Well, we'll see. I'm just willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. The criminal should always be given the chance to redeem him/herself.

<?php

<rant>

This entire .NET thing just scares me. Nothing will stop MS from removing "operating" from the OS. PCs with hdds become a thing of the past, welcome panckaes with motherboards that have built in NICs....you have to start Windows via a internet connection. Your apps run on MS servers, your docs are on Windows servers.

Microsoft : You go where we want you to go today.

We are all doomed!!!

</rant>
    ?>

Well, we'll see. I'm just willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. The criminal should always be given the chance to redeem him/herself.
    That's right, innocent until proven guilty. But I ask you: how many times has MS been given the chance to show their true colors? How many of those times did they show just how unscrupulous, untrustworthy, and just downright evil they really are?

Associate

Prepair to be assimilated, resistance is futile.

Kind Mastermind

Prepair to be assimilated, resistance is futile.
    lol...I agree with you. I trusteth not Microsoft! I don't really think that they are 'evil', but I can say that they are not benign.

I can say that they are not benign.
    In much the same way that the ocean is not shallow!