Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Petttion My School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petttion My School

Petttion My School

As some of you know, I go to UCF in Orlando. Recently they have switched to peoplesoft for their remote class signup and other school/net things. Unfortunatly, peroplesoft is Internet Explorer-Centric leaving a host of Mac users, Linux users, BSD users, Solaris users, and other OS users (and believe me, 3/4 of the CS professors use some form of Unix) out in the cold. Please email
    sga@mail.ucf.edu (student gov),
    wucf@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (UCF Radio), http://ask.ucf.edu/ucf-bin/cst.cfg/p..._sp=&p_li= (for asking questions, best if you only email one),
    and those people on http://www.cs.ucf.edu/csdept/faculty/seecs_fac.html. I have emailed them myself. The more people the better, I'd hope. Don't worry about not going to the school, the outrage should be enough :-P.

Re: Petttion My School

I don't know if your school does it differently than mine, but PeopleSoft works fine in Mozilla for me.

I don't know if your school does it differently than mine, but PeopleSoft works fine in Mozilla for me.
    It works allright, but it errors sometimes in Mozilla and pops up lots of "This isn't IE 4.0 or higher, you may experience ...." for eevery page.

What about OPera 6 Beta 1? With IE compatibility?

Well, if it works alright, then you're not out in the cold. *It sounds like they just need to remove those warning messages.

Alternatively, you can set your browser to identify itself as IE.

What about OPera 6 Beta 1? With IE compatibility?
    It works somewhat, but ends up giving error pages.

Well, if it works alright, then you're not out in the cold. It sounds like they just need to remove those warning messages.

Alternatively, you can set your browser to identify itself as IE.
    Yes, they need to remove those error messages. Unfortunatly, using other browsers will only get you so far (even with the browser pretending to be IE). It eventully figures out and sends you to an error page. The school only supports Internet Explorer .... so if you try to do anything with any other browser they say that it's your problem that you are not using standards complient software.

Make sure that they're aware of the problem. My school just switched to PeopleSoft in the fall and they have not yet ironed out all the bugs. I cannot believe that they would intentionally block out such a large percentage of students and faculty.

Ashcrow talk about it with the teachers. If the teachers say: "If some excellent students can't subscribe here because they don't have Windows, we will lose money and possibly great students who will go elsewhere"

and believe me, 3/4 of the CS professors use some form of Unix
    I don't know a damned thing about post-secondary schools, but I get the feeling that 3/4 of all the CS profs would be a force to recon with in this situation. I bet they'd have way more influence on this matter than any anonymous strangers on a web forum, anyway.

If it's such a big problem, get them to bitch and complain about it, and something might actually get done.

Good Guru

I know I am a little late on this one, but what the f*ck is PeopleSoft??