Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Here is what I plan to buy--
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here is what I plan to buy--

Here is what I plan to buy--

Ok, based on last weeks posting of what I should go for, here is my proposed list of new puter parts. If anyone has any ideas about better or functionality with rh7.2, let me know.
    --------------------------------
    ATX mit-tower case with 300w AMD listed PS $60
    AMD XP 1900 mobo/cpu $237
    256M DDR Ram $70
    Radeon 7500 vid card $77
    Sound Blaster Live $83
    19" monitor $143
    X16 DVD $38
    Speakers $20
    Shipping $100
    -------------------------------
    Total of $828

Opinions?

Re: Here is what I plan to buy--

I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU......

That's one nasty machine !

xcellant box, im jealous! ;D ;D ;D
    i hope you made sure the radeon card is supported by RH, right?

Have you checked newegg.com for pricing? I use them, pretty decent!

you can probably get the SB live for less - it looks like you did your homework and then some on everything else.

The RH site has it as unknown but there is apparently some sort of driver for it in X. *I am not real up to speed on 3d card setup in linux anyway (currently I dont have one). *Either way, should be a learning experience.
    As far as the sound card, how does this sound?
    --------------------
    PHILIPS ACOUSTIC EDGE 5.1 CHANNEL PCI SOUND CARD PSC70617- OEM Features include: Transforms Playback Of All Games, Music, And Movies to 5.1; 96-3D Voices; 256-DirectSound Voices, 576-Wavetable voice synthesizer + Philips ThunderBird Q3D DSP for Extreme H/W Acceleration; Direct Input for Other Device; 1Year Warranty Model#: PSC7061-OEM Price $65
    Special FedEx Saver Shipping $6.00

Personally, I would stick to Sb-live. They seem to work very well in linux.

RedHat does have support for the 7500, the X developer for Redhat has that in his box, so it's gotta work (;

Personally, I would stick to Sb-live. They seem to work very well in linux.
    I agree, I've had no troubles with my sblive. Just modprobe emu10k1 and off you go

The Radeon 7500 is fully supported 2D and 3D in Xfree86 4.2 so no problem there, and there are RH rpms avail. so go go gadget computer compile ???

sweet, as soon as the taxman payeth up...its all mine.... :-*