Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Girlie man names

Poll: Girlie man names

Is 'Eavon' a man's name or a womans name? I'm in English class right now and we're writing a response to a poem written by some guy named 'Eavon'. Apparently he's a he, but lots of people thought he was female.

What do you guys think?

Kind Mastermind

Re: Poll: Girlie man names

Is 'Eavon' a man's name or a womans name? I'm in English class right now and we're writing a response to a poem written by some guy named 'Eavon'. Apparently he's a he, but lots of people thought he was female.

What do you guys think?
    Well...it sounds like it is a female name. Of course, the correct pronunciation of Ivan is eavon (if I remember correctly). I have had room mates whose names were Shannon and Tracy, and they were both men. I don't think that I would name my boy eavon or anything else that sounds too girlie.

hmm never heard the name Eavon but sounds like a girl name to me .. sounds a little bit like Ivonne .

Kind Mastermind

hmm never heard the name Eavon but sounds like a girl name to me *.. sounds a little bit like Ivonne .
    Or Yvonne (Americanized spelling perhaps?). I have had a few friends named Yvonne. Strangely enough, now that I think about it, they were all redheads. Wierd.

Or Yvonne (Americanized spelling perhaps?). I have had a few friends named Yvonne. Strangely enough, now that I think about it, they were all redheads. Wierd.
    Yvonne is the english version, i didnt kew it so i took the german one but i never heard of a man named Yvonne here its a typical girls name .. or did you mean girls ? ..

My dads middle name is Lindsay. Did that used to be a male name?

Kind Mastermind

Yvonne is the english version, i didnt kew it so i took the german one but i never heard of a man named Yvonne here its a typical girls name .. or did you mean girls ? ..
    No, I have never heard of a man being named Yvonne...lol. I just meant that I had known some women named Yvonne. It's not too common in America.

Kind Mastermind

My dads middle name is Lindsay. Did that used to be a male name?
    You just confused me, Agar. You start off by saying that it is your dad's middle name, but you ask if it used to be a male name. That is a little bit confusing. Are you trying to tell us something? ;D J/K! Lindsay is a man's name, it's just not too popular these days.

It's no more gay than Feztaa... ;D

I've met a few guys named Shannon (it's their real name given by their parents). One is about 19 and the other was an older fellow. Oddly enough, both were southern.