Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Hacking Keyboards

Re: Happy Hacking Keyboards

If you read the website a bit more carefully and stryder's post, you'll realize that they make very high quality keyboards. The keys have a special feel to them. It's true that it's not worth $70, but it's not comparable to a $10 keyboard. Not to mention, the winkey is, but 1 single key (or 2, it doesn't matter). There are more keys that are different or in different places. It's typical for keyboards to have the Enter/Return key L-Shaped, but on the happy hacking one, it's the Delete key and Enter and the Backspace key is the Tilde key, and the Tilde key is the ESC key.

I've remapped all my keys to approximate the layout except for Backspace and I find it really convenient.

But I really want to try one out, before getting one.

Good Guru

Yeah, the maker of Happy Hacking Keyboard knows that no one will pay for the keyboard that much money if there is no special stuff in it especially Unix crowd. After all, you can only fool Winder crowd for the money...

It's more than the keyboard. It's more than the design and layout ... The maker made a lot of effort and research to have the key positions as well as accessibility to have it really neat and useful. So it will make your hand not move too much and get your job done. How many people here need to move their hands from the home keys just to press Esc key?? Not with HHK.

It's a cool garget if you ask me... Do I want one? Yes. Do I absolutely need one? NO. Will I love it if I own one? Hell yeah.

Hmmmm, I might get one, then... but I wouldn't be happy to use it at home, that'd be no fun. I'd take it to school and show it off

What's the 'diamond' key do, though? (looks like a '<>&quot. My guess would be a 'meta' key? Or does it just let you use the keys as though they were what's printed on the front instead of the tops?

If I only could get a decent DVORAK keyboard with Danish layout... then I would be happy. QWERTY stinks.

Go to a local computer show and get one of the $20 ones. They are not happy hacking keyboards, but they are nice and small. I have one - It's cool.

Here it is
    http://www.computer3g.com/solps2minthi.html

I got an old IBM keyboard that was worth about $150 and I love it... I have had it for like 10 years. I hate not having the number pad.

Kind Mastermind

Go to a local computer show and get one of the $20 ones. They are not happy hacking keyboards, but they are nice and small. I have one - It's cool.

Here it is
    http://www.computer3g.com/solps2minthi.html
    Sweet...this is a good deal. Of course, it's still made for windows!

Sweet...this is a good deal. Of course, it's still made for windows!
    Pretend it's not! ;D

Kind Mastermind

Pretend it's not! * ;D
    lol...good idea, Radar. ;D

Hmmmm, I might get one, then... but I wouldn't be happy to use it at home, that'd be no fun. I'd take it to school and show it off

What's the 'diamond' key do, though? (looks like a '<>&quot. My guess would be a 'meta' key? Or does it just let you use the keys as though they were what's printed on the front instead of the tops?
    Yep, that's the meta key.
    Here's a bit more info:
    http://www.tpu.fi/~helbil/pro-it/comp-chart.htm

I'll check out that keyboard Radar, but the HHK still looks nicer...but I won't get one until I've tried one. I'll check if any of my friends have one.