Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Hacking Keyboards

Happy Hacking Keyboards

(inspired from another thread)
    I know this has been discussed on LNO before, but I might get one for my birthday since my birthday's 2 months away...

Does anyone have one? If so, did they really pay fscking $69 for it?
    I'm just contenting myself with remapping my keys to approximate the happy hacking keyboard's, but I can't help but be curious at what's so special about these keyboards.

Also, I'm wondering why there aren't any companies making them and sell them cheaper. As far as I know, only PFU (or whatever it is) makes them.

BTW, the cheapest place I've found them is here: http://www.handheldinterfaces.com/

They're $69 CA, but I've never heard of that company, so I don't know if I should trust'em.

Re: Happy Hacking Keyboards

I've seen them as well and have to say that they seem pretty cool. They have the classic unix layout and are smaller. At the same point, 69$ is a lot for a keyboard. I'd get it if it was a gift and I had nothing better to ask for.

Good Guru

Happy hacking keyboards are way cooler .... Since the market is not that big, I doubt there is many more company would want to do it ....

The key board have just the keys you need ( without all those key pads, Windows key and stuff that you do not need ).

If you are command line guy, you will love it ....

it's hard to make yourself pay 50+ dollars for a keyboard when you can get one for like 10 bucks. especially when you know no matter how much it costs, sooner or later you're going to spill your coffee/tea/jolt/red bull on it.

I once had a really tiny keyboard without the numkeys, windows keys or any extra crap. It kind of reminded me of a laptop keyboard. Is this basically what a Happy hacking keyboard is?

Kind Mastermind

I once had a really tiny keyboard without the numkeys, windows keys or any extra crap. It kind of reminded me of a laptop keyboard. Is this basically what a Happy hacking keyboard is?
    Yes, basically. It is Unix centered instead of Windows centered. Very sweet, nice tactile feel. Way too much money.

Can we see a picture of this?

Thats it. Thats the exact keyboard (minus the happy hacking label) I used to have. I think my cuzin has it or it was sold at a garage sale. The last time I saw it was 5 years ago. I think I'll make an effort to find it if someone in the family still owns it.

$70 for that shit?!

Hell, real (software) hackers rebind all the useless winkeys to do useful stuff. Real (hardware) hackers go and buy one of those $10 keyboards, then cut it down to size!

$70 for a keyboard!! :