Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Sillicon Summit III

Thread: Sillicon Summit III

Hybrid View

Sillicon Summit III

I watched some of the Sillicon Summit III on MS-NBC. There were people representing Microsoft, Yahoo, Real, Intel, AOL, and other closed source companies. Most of the talk was fluff and older technology (with buzz words added) to make interesting discussion. For instance, they went on and on about trading mp3's as stealing and the new, good idea about watermarks (which has allready been cracked). The only important thing they talked about was how people in war can email their families. While this is related to technology I didn't exactly see why it was part of this summit.

All in all, my reaction is this: Corporate whoring with MS. It was pretty sad.

Re: Sillicon Summit III

It's things like this that make me glad I'm completely oblivious to the outside world.