Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What do you do while you "work"?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do while you "work"?

Kind Mastermind

What do you do while you "work"?

Ok, I know that many of you don't do work at work (by work, I mean school or a job). *Since all .com/.net sites are down right now (our internet service is screwy), I can only surf to kernel.org and linuxjunior.org .

I have saved a copy of DeLa and OrT's of a down > go here for it http://torm3ntor.com/. *They are some very funny dudes.

I don't really play any games on my work machine, since it is Win2k. *Plus, I usually check my all of my email accounts several times. *What do you guys do?

Re: What do you do while you "work"?

When not "working" at work I mostly break up fights, shout at kids for throwing mouseballs through the fiberboard celing, and ocationally play SF or xkobo.

Today however, I got paid to build a robotic technic-lego AT-AT, how frickin cool is that! (and I've brought a Lego mindstorms kit home to play with ;D)

Funny enough... I work hard when I'm in school.

But every spare moment I have is spend on LJR, so I can check up on you guys.... or reading up on stuff, like my beloved C++ books.

Second favorite "while at work passtime", talking to friends.... about school and UN*X.

Kind Mastermind

When not "working" at work I mostly break up fights, shout at kids for throwing mouseballs through the fiberboard celing, and ocationally play SF or xkobo.

Today however, I got paid to build a robotic technic-lego AT-AT, how frickin cool is that! (and I've brought a Lego mindstorms kit home to play with ;D)
    That, my friend, is too frickin cool! I love the at-at and I love legos! You get the world famous triple cool award: 8) 8) 8)

When I am not working I am either hacking or writing papers for school. I like to liven the papers up by putting really weird analogies and stupid phrases. For instance, I turned in a paper today explaining this java program I did (mouse trapped in a maze submited by the user. The mosue uses a recursive backtracking algorithm to solve it). I wrote "The last, and most important class we define is Maze. This is where is magic happens if you belive that a fake, digital mouse that tries to find it's way out of a maze looking for food is magic. I don't. ..."

Work on my web app (3am-7am)
    Slashdot
    Newsforge
    LJR
    The Boondocks
    Badtech
    MSNBC

Good Guru

Now I am have gone to ultimate of uselessness.

7:30 -- Get to work open up and do opening duties
    8:15 -- Waste time
    9:30 -- Click a few buttons to magically make orders appear fo the young ladies upstairs
    9:31 -- Waste time
    10:00 -- Click a few more buttons to print more crap
    10:05 -- Screw off some more
    13:00 -- Eat
    15:30 -- Get back, make bullshit excuse for why I am a 1/2 Hour late
    15:31 -- Run mail machine
    16:00 -- After milking that job for strawberry flavoring too, I ... well .. screw off
    18:00 -- Quick turn phones off and run like a bat outta hell to the local bar and have a few beers.

Screw off and waste time include, but are not limited to :
    Smoke breaks.
    "Potty Breaks"
    Surfing This lovely site
    Picking my nose
    Making sexually offensive jokes.
    making my boss get pissed off
    pissing owners wife off (this one doesnt require ANY effort)
    Hacking my linux box.
    Fixing my linux box after I break it.
    Repairing imaginary problems.

This is the day in waste of Schotty.

Kind Mastermind

Now I am have gone to ultimate of uselessness.

7:30 -- Get to work open up and do opening duties
    8:15 -- Waste time
    9:30 -- *Click a few buttons to magically make orders appear fo the young ladies upstairs
    9:31 -- Waste time
    10:00 -- Click a few more buttons to print more crap
    10:05 -- Screw off some more
    13:00 -- Eat
    15:30 -- Get back, make bullshit excuse for why I am a 1/2 Hour late
    15:31 -- Run mail machine
    16:00 -- After milking that job for strawberry flavoring too, I ... well .. screw off
    18:00 -- *Quick turn phones off and run like a bat outta hell to the local bar and have a few beers.

Screw off and waste time include, but are not limited to :
    Smoke breaks.
    "Potty Breaks"
    Surfing This lovely site
    Picking my nose
    Making sexually offensive jokes.
    making my boss get pissed off
    pissing owners wife off (this one doesnt require ANY effort)
    Hacking my linux box.
    Fixing my linux box after I break it.
    Repairing imaginary problems.

This is the day in waste of Schotty.
    Schotty...are you related to BOFH? This sounds almost like the outline to one of the BOFH chapters. You're 8)!

What do you guys do?
    I dunno about you guys, but I whistle when I work

Kind Mastermind

I dunno about you guys, but I whistle when I work
    lol...actually, I hum .