Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Language deprivation

Language deprivation

natural languages that is...

I think I'm going insane and the fact that I've been away from my home (Quebec) is driving me nuts. Everywhere I hear French when people are speaking English...sort of like the Charlie Brown effect with the adults.

...plus I'm losing my French and sometimes I think I've acquired an accent, but swearing in French will always remain

Re: Language deprivation

natural languages that is...

I think I'm going insane and the fact that I've been away from my home (Quebec) is driving me nuts. Everywhere I hear French when people are speaking English...sort of like the Charlie Brown effect with the adults.

...plus I'm losing my French and sometimes I think I've acquired an accent, but swearing in French will always remain
    I know what you mean. I moved from Puerto Rico about a year and a half ago, and it seems weird to rarely to hear anyone speak spanish. (Of course, there are many latin people in Florida, but I am not acquainted with any)
    I know I won't develop an accent, at least not an english one. My spanish accent is really thick in english.
    Swearing is good. It is nice to be among a lot of people who don't know spanish and being able to swear without them knowing what you mean, so you don't care getting in trouble for that at work.

Kind Mastermind

Every once in a while, my wife will correct my English, since I am sometimes too used to using a mix of Turkish and English. I know that I have crossed over to Turk-lish when my wife's body language changes 180 degrees. She says that she wouldn't mind it so much if I didn't slow my speaking down and if I didn't use such simple English words mixed with Turkish ones.

I wish my Turkish vocabulary was larger than it is. I probably only know about two or three hundred words, most of which I don't use. Maybe I will buckle down and finally learn Turkish.

Christ mon homme, viens refaire ton tour, on va aller caller une bière ou deux ou trois chez Maurice à St-Lazare sacrament! Tu vas voir!

Good Guru

Was sagst du?

Was sagst du?
    ;D

Hat einer eine Ahnung von was GnuVince redet ?

Sounds like you guys are speaking German, but I'm not sure.

GnuVince: Mets-en! On en callera avec Seb, pis Kint.
    Est-ce qu'il y a des romans (en francais) que tu pourrais suggerer? J'veux en lire une couple cet ete.

GnuVince: Mets-en! On en callera avec Seb, pis Kint.
    Est-ce qu'il y a des romans (en francais) que tu pourrais suggerer? J'veux en lire une couple cet ete.
    On en callera? Dude, t'as vraiment besoin de revenir de ressourcer

Pour ce qui est des romans, dis moi ce que t'aime lire.

Sounds like you guys are speaking German, but I'm not sure.
    Ja, it is German :P

Le verbe caller (sink...the English equivalent would be "down" as in "I'll down a few beers with you&quot au futur.

Uh...j'sais pas. Quelque chose de deprimant (that's my mood right now)...ou peut-etre de la philo...donne moi une liste peut-etre? Ma les faire parvenir si la librairie ou biblio les a pas.