Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage

Marriage

This weekend I was on vacation and meet this girl that I think would be the perfect wife. At work I am constantly asked why I am not married. I have always told them that I am too young to get married (plus I just got out of a Catholic Seminary). But this weekend I realized that Marriage is not about being the right age or if you find the most beautiful woman on the earth. Marriage is about a union between a man a woman that in the end will help their personal growth and their growth in their relationship with God.

Re: Marriage

Well put. I've been married 30 years and I'm still glad.

This weekend I was on vacation and meet this girl that I think would be the perfect wife. *At work I am constantly asked why I am not married. *I have always told them that I am too young to get married (plus I just got out of a Catholic Seminary). *But this weekend I realized that Marriage is not about being the right age or if you find the most beautiful woman on the earth. *Marriage is about a union between a man a woman that in the end will help their personal growth and their growth in their relationship with God.
    I agree with you. I used to think same thing as you did before. I am glad I don't anymore.

This weekend I was on vacation and meet this girl that I think would be the perfect wife. At work I am constantly asked why I am not married. I have always told them that I am too young to get married (plus I just got out of a Catholic Seminary). But this weekend I realized that Marriage is not about being the right age or if you find the most beautiful woman on the earth. Marriage is about a union between a man a woman that in the end will help their personal growth and their growth in their relationship with God.
    And now he sees.

And now he sees.
    Now I see after what? Meeting the girl or leaving the seminary?

Now I see after what? Meeting the girl or leaving the seminary?
    Apparently he doesn't see.

Good Guru

Well if he cant see, I got these great glasses for sale and.......

This weekend I realized that Marriage is not about being the right age or if you find the most beautiful woman on the earth. *Marriage is about a union between a man a woman that in the end will help their personal growth and their growth in their relationship with God.
    Ack...that last sentence actually made my computer crash! No offense, but that's the same cheeseball crap every priest says at every wedding. Why does everything--birth, marriage, a funereal, love of oneself or of one's family--always have to be related back to strengthening one's personal relationship with God. Can't things just be for good their own sake? This kind goopy, sappy talk seems like its pulled straight from the pages of CS Lewis.

Mentor

Politics/Religion: :-X

Well if he cant see, I got these great glasses for sale and.......
    I have inch thick glasses already ;D