Thread: Digital Cameras vs Regular Cameras

Digital Cameras vs Regular Cameras

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any 'real' photographers here that use digital cameras? I'd like to buy a digital camera but Im not sure which is better for 'artistic' photography.

It seems like you have better control of the focus and light intake on a regular camera. but of course you have to buy/develop film on a regular camera.

What has been your experience?

thanx

Good Guru

Re: Digital Cameras vs Regular Cameras

If you have tons of extra money to spend, then go for a digicam. If you are quality type of guy with less than a thousand bucks to spend, stick with your analog.

I have a Sony digicam Movida ( or something similar name - I forgot the exact name top of my head ) and I have a Ricoh and Pentex manual lens cameras. Even after more than 10 years, I still like the results of my Ricoh than my 2 year old Sony.

I am not profesional photographer but I do have professional gear ;D. But I think that a digital could possibly give you similar results but for something comparable to a regular camera will cost you a bit more. I think the best thing to do is to get a regular camera and get yourself a scanner. That's what I do. Or spend the money and get one of those cameras that are digital and are regular cameras... Then you wouldnt have the dilema..

Well, I figure Im too lazy to develop the film every time I use a roll of film + it's expensive to do so. Since Im new to photography I'd probably take a lot of crappy pictures anyway.

Ill probably get a higher quality camera that will last.

thanx for the responses.

Modern digital cameras are much better than film ones. They're about the same quality but are less of a hassle. Unless you want to stay in the 20th century, get a digital camera. Check out this pic I took with a cheap (~$150) digital camera. It looks professional.

http://www.geocities.com/snailboy1/post-set.jpg