Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Under Age Drinking

Mentor

Re: Under Age Drinking

Why'd you delete your post boblucci?
    well because i didnt want to say things i cant back up( factualy ).

from rick420's post
    Now reefer on the other hand, what a great thing. *You get high, feel great, and dont wanna hurt anybody! *You just might get so damn lazy you dont move for like an hour or two (depending on the quality of the crippie *) *But I guarentee you wont end up killing anyone or becomign violent with others. * Plus you can smoke and still function, Im high every day! *

this entire statement is why marijuana will never be legalized. People act like stupid asses, they cannot function properly they all act like Jeff Spicolli from Fast times at ridgmont high.

Maybe you get mellow when you smoke but you CANNOT say that everyone who smokes pot gets mellow and is not violent ( that is where the ignorant part comes in ) that is just not true.

i'm sorry i ever posted here , sorry if i offended anyone i just dont want any part of this thread anymore.

If that true then why isn't weed legal.. Or what's so bad about it?

boblucci: I know you said you want nothing to do with this thread but I know you're reading it.
    Alcohol and marijuana are the same it that they both affect your consciousness. Your comment about legalization of weed never happening because people act idiots is absurd. People act like idiots over alcohol and plenty of other things. Idiocy is not limited to people who smoke marijuana. I'm not questioning whether marijuana will ever be legalized. I only said that if alcohol is legal, there is no reason marijuana shouldn't be.

So, both marijuana and alcohol affect to consciousness. But which one causes addiction more easily? Like, there's no big chance to become an alcoholic if you get drunk every now and then, but there are certain drugs that can make you an addict even if you try them only once. That's definitely a bad thing. I don't think marijuana is one of those drugs, but how easy is it to get addicted to it?

Marijuana addiction is almost impossible. Definitely not physically. Possibly mentally. Its far, far less addicting than alcohol. I've never heard of any marijuana related crimes(outside of dealers getting busted) either.

All I can say is that my mother is a physician, and she, along with a large majority of the medical community, do not support the illegality of marijuana. The same is true for the toxicology community (the pharmaceutical companies, and my brother happens to work in this industy.) It's other industries whose businesses would be destroyed by the legalization that want to keep it illegal.

I agree with the legalization of marijuana as well. I would say that it should be a drug modeled similar after alcohol with regards to age limits and such.

Rick420 has much truth to the feelings experienced while being high. I honestly enjoy being high much more than being drunk.

In reference to NGene's post, it is nearly impossible to become physically addicted to marijuana or overdose on the drug, something which alcohol cannot claim. However, like any drug, it is possible to become psychologically addicted to the feeling. I used to smoke after I got home from work before going to bed, similar to someone coming home and having a glass of wine with dinner. Just something to relax and ease my tensions. I haven't done it in about 2 weeks (I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but I had been smoking every day for nearly 6 years previous) so I can clean up for a drug test I have coming up for my job. I don't want to try to rely on cleanout or any crap like that. Maybe that would give you a good idea of how marijuana is not a physically addicting drug?

Funny thing is, I know of many employers that will overlook a drug test if they know the person is a quality employee (happened to a couple of my buddies at Medtronic about 3 weeks ago). Much of the general population in the US (I don't recall an exact figure, but it's much larger than many expect) have tried and continue to use marijuana. I have no idea of it's use in other places in the world, however.

In all honesty, I would much rather see the illegaliztion of alcohol and the legalization of marijuana than the legalization of both.

My $.02

For more information on marijuana and corresponding laws and arguments, you can visit http://www.norml.org/

(National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws)