Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Under Age Drinking
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Under Age Drinking

Under Age Drinking

What is your take on it? I am 27 and I believe we shouldn't have a set drinking age at all.

Re: Under Age Drinking

No drinking age??? Have you been drinking?

I'm for the model we have here in Denmark now:

Legal to buy alcohol in stores: 15
    Legal to buy achohol in bar: 18

I have seen how alchohal can destroy lives and families but I don't see how a drinking age helps. If a drinking age is enforced I think it should be the same as when you give your life to congress, not 21.

Good Guru

it should be the same as when you give your life to congress, not 21.
    Agree. But once you are in the service, you can legally drink ( no matter your age )..

I have seen how alchohal can destroy lives and families but I don't see how a drinking age helps. If a drinking age is enforced I think it should be the same as when you give your life to congress, not 21.
    If there was no age limit, I think young people would drink more responsibily and act more maturely while drunk. As for drinking wrecking lives, problem drinkers are problem drinkers no matter what their age. Alchohilism is an illness, not a by-product of high-school-age binge drinking. I think the US should follow Europe as a model in terms of age.

If there was no age limit, I think young people would drink more responsibily and act more maturely while drunk. As for drinking wrecking lives, problem drinkers are problem drinkers no matter what their age. Alchohilism is an illness, not a by-product of high-school-age binge drinking. I think the US should follow Europe as a model in terms of age.
    I agree. I see it all the time. Under aged drinkers in my school do it because their not allowed to and believe it impresses others by how much alcohol they can take.

Drinking age in Germany is 16. They don't seem to have a problem with it. Alcoholism will be a problem as long as alcohol is available. I don't see how a legal drinking age really changes anything. I could easily obtain alc. whenever I wanted from about age 15 and If anyone thinks a "legal drinking age" stops a teenager from getting alcohol these days is sadly mistaken.

I could easily obtain alc. whenever I wanted from about age 15 and If anyone thinks a "legal drinking age" stops a teenager from getting alcohol these days is sadly mistaken.
    Yeah, and the biggest joke of all is that it was and still is waaaaaaaay easier to get pot, coke, X, acid, you name it, at the age of 15 than a Budweiser. Baring kids from drinking is just a pathetic joke that is determental at best.