Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much do you charge?

Re: How much do you charge?

Should have followed your advice. Ended up charging him $297, of which $170 were parts. Spentmore than 8 hours working with it and a couple of days driving around looking for parts. Ended up setting it up tonight, and the stupid machine wouldn't boot when I got over there. I had to disasemble completely, take all the parts out, put it back up again, then set up their internet and email becasue they didn't knew how. And I will have to go back tomorrow over there to set their printer.
    Bad deal I think...
    *snicker* They never get better (;

*snicker* * They never get better (;
    Oh, I forgot. I actually threw in an old Matrox video card and a 9 gig hard drive for free, as to not charge hime more. *Not that he wouldn't pay it or anything, but I didn't dared to.

Oh, I forgot. I actually threw in an old Matrox video card and a 9 gig hard drive for free, as to not charge hime more. Not that he wouldn't pay it or anything, but I didn't dared to.
    ouch. I finally got to the point where if they were going to be wishy-washy about price, I refused to do the work. But friends/family is different.

I don't think he would have said anything had I charged more. He basically had told me I couldhave a blank check for the parts and he could compensate me for working on it on Friday instead of going out. However, I felt bad charging him more than that. ???

It all depends where you live and how nice a person you are. I brought my self-built computer into a local place to get a motherboard and PS put in (the first mobo was DOA and I needed a beefier PS what the hell right?) for getting the mobo and ps installed and bios set up I think I paid around $50. Granted it didn't take more than 20 mins but one computer place around here would have busted me full price/hour as well as the price of the hardware. IMO if it's for a friend give'em a break espically if he/she is a manager or in another position that can do you good when it comes time for a raise.