Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 20gig DMA100 7200rpm Western Digital HDD IDE

FS: 20gig DMA100 7200rpm Western Digital HDD IDE

New at Newegg they are $65 + shipping.

I'll sell mine for $45 + shipping.

Good Guru

Re: FS: 20gig DMA100 7200rpm Western Digital HDD I

Darn, I would take it if it's differnet vendor .. I just don't like WD drives ....

Now if it wasn't for the shipping I would buy it... Herrenvolk needs a new HD.

Good Guru

I will buy it if the $ 45 is including shipping. I'm not in a hurry so you can ship with regular USPS. If you want, PM me or mail me. I will send you the check.

Good Guru

What is up with WD drives? I never had an issue. Have had 9 different drives -- 540MB(came with PC), 1GB, 2.1 GB (came with PC ), 2.5GB, 3GB, 4 GB, 8GB (bought new), 20GB(bought new) to 40GB (just bought new)

Just curious. I have noticed that different countries have different products based on who they are and what plant made them.

And not trying to be a dick, just curious

What is up with WD drives? I never had an issue. Have had 9 different drives -- 540MB(came with PC), 1GB, 2.1 GB (came with PC ), 2.5GB, 3GB, 4 GB, 8GB (bought new), 20GB(bought new) to 40GB (just bought new)

Just curious. I have noticed that different countries have different products based on who they are and what plant made them.

And not trying to be a dick, just curious
    Only problem with this one is that it's noisy. I bought a silent Seagate Barracuda 80gig drive to replace it, and I'll probably buy another 80 gig to replace the quantum 20gig that is still in there. A pair of 80gigers should last me for a while (;

Anyway, I got somebody local that wants it, so I'm going to sell it locally, sorry, but lug takes presidence (;

Good Guru

Schotty,

How much did you paid for the 40 gigier that's WD?? I see one 40 GB WD for $ 89 at Micro Center.

Yeah one thing I don't like about WD is the noise. It's so loud. Late Maxtors and Seagate drives seem getting quieter so I might as well go for the 40 giger they have now in Micro for a few bucks more....

Good Guru

Schotty,

How much did you paid for the 40 gigier that's WD?? I see one 40 GB WD for $ 89 at Micro Center.

Yeah one thing I don't like about WD is the noise. It's so loud. Late Maxtors and Seagate drives seem getting quieter so I might as well go for the 40 giger they have now in Micro for a few bucks more....
    WD are a little nosiy, but by now I cant tell. I have at minimum 4 PC's running in my bedroom and try to camp in the server room as much as possible at work. A few fans and HD humming away is nothing these days

As for what I paid -- $129 new at Best Buy. Got the 7200 I think. I dont believe they sold any 10K ones. But it is the WD 40G ATA100 drive. That was in like February. I had a post regarding it I think. When my PSU barfed out.

Either way, I was jsut curious. No offense was intended. I try not to make too many allegiances to companies. But RedHat, IBM and Western Digital are the ones I have sorta made excetions to.

heh, it's not the clicking of this drive that was bad, it had a high pitched whine, like the older SCSI drives, and it was driving me batty! (no pun intended)

Good Guru

As for what I paid -- $129 new at Best Buy. *Got the 7200 I think. *I dont believe they *sold any 10K ones. *But it is the WD 40G ATA100 drive. *That was in like February.
    WOW ... Look at the depreciation rate ... Man !!!

Yeap, I would think they are exact the same type ..... 7200K, ATA100 for $ 89. The best part is no mail in rebates .... 8)

I might as well grab that. Noice is okay since it's for a freind and he currently has a box that is noiser than a jet engine (earlier Quantum drives ) ... ;D .. For myself, 10K; 18 G; Ultra SCSI is good enough ....