Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Sony and Microsoft slash prices

Thread: Sony and Microsoft slash prices

Associate

Sony and Microsoft slash prices

The PS2 cut to $199, Ebgames now offers XP-box for $199 too. *I own a GameCube!!!

But seriously, does anyone care? *I may buy a PS2 eventually but I wouldn't get an XP-box until somebody paid ME.

Re: Sony and Microsoft slash prices

I just heard that less than an hour ago. I hope to get a PS2 for my birthday next week. I have a real hankering to play FF10. By the way, I know that the PS2 has nation-specific BIOS like the PS1 (which really sucks) but what about its backwards compatibility with PS1? Will I finally be able to play my Japanese game on an American PS2 or am I screwed once again?

I just wish Sony would lower the price of the Linux package. :P

. By the way, I know that the PS2 has nation-specific BIOS like the PS1 (which really sucks) but what about its backwards compatibility with PS1?
    Doesn't the mod chip fix that little problem? At least that's what I've heard. I think I'm going to have to get a mod chip for it with Linux in order to use CD-R's and CD-RW's. :P

Doesn't the mod chip fix that little problem? At least that's what I've heard. I think I'm going to have to get a mod chip for it with Linux in order to use CD-R's and CD-RW's. :P
    Yeah, but the mod chip pisses me off. The last time I tried to install it, I was soldering the last wire to the chip, accidentally pulled the wire slightly, and pulled a pin out of one of the IC's on the Playstation. The Playstation wouldn't turn on at all anymore and I was extremely pissed. Maybe now I'll be able to buy used Playstations for really cheap and try again. I think I need a better soldering iron too.