Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sensei rumor-mill

Sensei rumor-mill

I feel a little gossip-ish today, so whatever you read in this thread, take with a grain of salt.

Rumor has it that Sensei's non-compete agreement with internet.crap^H^H^Hom is almost up that he's going to be setting up another really great site somewhere very soon now.

Rumor has it that Sensei and LinuxGirl have actually been lurking around on LNO and the various boards we all migrated to, including here, under a different name. (Ok Sensei, LinuxGirl, fess up, we know you're here, reading this...jk )

Rumor has it that LinuxGirl's last few messages on LNO were actually Sensei postings. I didn't see those messages, so I can't analyze them and confirm it.

Rumor has it that internet.com paid Sensei over a million dollars for LNO. I say, if that's what happened, good for him and LinuxGirl! It'd be a well deserved pay. I would say that that's a fair assessment of the worth of LNO, but I'm also biased. If he didn't, then Sensei wasn't paid enough. Unfortunately, I'm not sure he had too much choice in the matter. If it were I, I probably would have settled with half of a million dollars.

Rumor also has it that there are little LinuxGirls and Senseis running around? Hmm, that'd be very cool.

Again, these are nothing more than rumors, and it would be prudent of the reader to take them with a grain of salt. I will not be held responsible for any damages caused by them, directly or indirectly.

So, what rumors do you guys have to spread?

Re: Sensei rumor-mill

A million dollars?

I'm a little skeptical of that. Everything else would be very copacetic.

Mentor

you really shouldnt be spreading rumors :-/

Good Guru

I'm sure Sensei and Linuxgirl lurks around the boards.... And they sold LNO well before the problems begin and he agreed to stay on a maintainer of the site. That's also true for many sites that Intercrap.com bought and some of them were also booted.

If he is setting up a new board on basic of commercial, then I'm not so sure I would like it. I mean after all, Cloverm had shown that without ads and commercial stuff, the site can survive. With the experience that we had, I would be **very** relucant to go to the board with commercial tie ......

I will tell you one thing thats a fact-- He made OVER 1 million dollars for the site, more like a FEW million....

I actually work with a guy that was his roomate in college. He was shocked to find out how many people actually knew him and posted all that nice stuff when he left ( i showed him a im leaving thread ). Its a real small world...

if he does start up another site, then I'm sure everyone will finally jump off the LNO boat once and for all. It'd be nice if he'd help out here with cloverm.. you know, work on an already established, non-commercial site.

if he does start up another site, then I'm sure everyone will finally jump off the LNO boat once and for all. It'd be nice if he'd help out here with cloverm.. you know, work on an already established, non-commercial site.
    that would be nice, but wouldn't Sensei coming here attract a lot of trolls and undesirables from LNO?

chenebeck, chikn, and Strike scare me.

strike?

strike's probably the most level-headed person on the board.

i can't beleive you're putting him in the same league with that gay-bashing, future-child-and-wife-beating, admitted criminal chikn

Heads up; I was just at LNO and a few of the more >AHEM< unstable members are taking offense at this thread. I think they MAY be around having some unpleasant comments to add. Jus' figgered y' boys 'd like ta know.

Mentor

Heads up; I was just at LNO and a few of the more >AHEM< unstable members are taking offense at this thread. *I think they MAY be around having some unpleasant comments to add. *Jus' figgered y' boys 'd like ta know.
    How 'bout a link?