Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rape update

rape update

As a lot of you know, my little sister was raped a few months back and I thought I should update you guys and get som opinions.

The guy who raped my sister did do it in front of his children, but children can not be used as witnesses and they don't count, said the State of Florida, since the children were looking in from another room (it's legal to do that).

The State of Florida said it isn't rape since it's a he said she said situation and that bleeding was just because 'he was a little rough.'

The State of Florida said it doesn't matter that he was offering minors drugs. They also said that the only thing he is in trouble for is the age diffrence which is a felony 2 (not a felony really, just close to one).

The guy has looked for lawyers for himself but no one will do it and the State of Florida has urged us not to get a lawyer

My sister is emberresed, which I can understand, and really doesn't want people to know that it happened to her (by name).

What should we do in this situation? It seems like the Local Police, the State, and HRS are against us.

Re: rape update

man thats sad . you have my sympaty, but sometimes something is broken <<<our so-called justice system>>> and theres no easy fix.
    ================================================== ==
    fwiw, when the legal system fails, consider alternatives outside the legal
    system. also consider civil suit, the burden of proof is lower. it convicted OJ, for example. and if that doesnt work, consider remedies outside
    of the courtroom. i would. i have. enuf said.

It's like what my ag teacher said about our country. We have traded common sense for human rights. Now it's not just human rights thought, it's criminal rights. God forbid someone go to jail for rape.

This is the first I have heard. You have my sympathies as well, and I wish your family the best of luck.

damn ash...
    that is a very tough. Does the rapist have a wife ? if he has kids he may - if so can she be used as a witness? what does a class 2 felony get him? do you know the procesecutor? if so does he have any nads?

Ok this has made me >

I would gladly help out with the civil sueing... or the bashing of head if it comes to that... I will not tolerate this happening in my society !!

Kind Mastermind

damn ash...
    that is a very tough. *Does the rapist have a wife ? if he has kids he may - if so can she be used as a witness? *what does a class 2 felony get him? *do you know the procesecutor? if so does he have any nads? *
    Wives not testify against the husband (in most states, if not all). *The relationship is roughly equivalent to attorney/client privelege. *She can volunteer, but then the defense would ask questions pertaining to arguments that they had...thus showing that she was getting back at him. *It would essentially end up nullifying her testimony.

Might I suggest a Louisville Slugger, wooden of course. Or, you could call Kenshi!

If I were you guys, I would get a lawyer. *The downside is that criminal cases are always open to the public. *Allow the law to take care of what it's suppose to take care of. Juries and judges often do not agree with what the state says.

My sister is emberresed, which I can understand, and really doesn't want people to know that it happened to her (by name).
    A friend of mine was raped in HS, and because she took her case to court and made the affair public, it took her many years to shake the stigma associated with it. No one could mention her name without also thinking, "Oh didn't she get raped by so and so?" or "Isn't she a slut." It was a pretty unfair and shitty situation. Doing what is right, is not always doing what is good for you. Nevertheless, no rapist should go free, unpunished and uncastrated.

A friend of mine was raped in HS, and because she took her case to court and made the affair public, it took her many years to shake the stigma associated with it. No one could mention her name without also thinking, "Oh didn't she get raped by so and so?" or "Isn't she a slut." *It was a pretty unfair and shitty situation. Doing what is right, is not always doing what is good for you. Nevertheless, no rapist should go free, unpunished and uncastrated.
    I blame Freud. Freud was a complete nutcase who said that a person could never say no to sex. What an asshole.