Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beer Machine

The Beer Machine

I went to fry's electronics today and I ALMOST got one. http://www.thebeermachine.com. Has anyone played with one. How good is the beer. Compare it to beers you have had.. Or is it Crap

Re: The Beer Machine

I went to fry's electronics today and I ALMOST got one. http://www.thebeermachine.com. Has anyone played with one. How good is the beer. Compare it to beers you have had.. Or is it Crap
    I've heard that it is pretty much just for the hard core beer guy since the first few batches come out like crap ... it's an aquired skill. If your willing to put the time into learning then it's probably a cool toy to have.

I prefer making wine. Just pour yeast in fruit juice, watch it bubble, and then pour it down your headhole. It's not all that bad either.

I prefer making wine. Just pour yeast in fruit juice, watch it bubble, and then pour it down your headhole. It's not all that bad either.
    Are you serious is it that easy?

If you guys ask nicely I might post the directions I found on making moonshine in your freezer...

Making beer is very difficult, even if you have a machine *:P

I have a couple of friends who make excellent beer, but they did have problems at first and few batches that tasted somewhat like *bananas. *Every time they brewed it was better. * But it is also pretty expensive unless you have a good source for all the right indredients. Also, They had much more success with a soda keg than with bottles which are a pain in the ass to sterilize.

I would say to plan on having a couple of terrible batches.

If you guys ask nicely I might post the directions I found on making moonshine in your freezer...
    What is moonshine?

Yeah I've seen many people who brew their own. I've had some pretty freakin decent homebrews (taste almost like Corona with 17% alcohol ), and I've had some accidents that were never deserving of being called beer. It's all about the experience. My cousin's friend started off making this putrid brown crap (he bottled it in Corona bottles and took it to a party asking everyone he could to trade. I think he got a good 10 beer out of the whole deal before they chased him out). Now he can make a brew that beats most of what Molson and Labatt have to offer.

I've had some pretty freakin decent homebrews (taste almost like Corona with 17% alcohol ), and I've had some accidents that were never deserving of being called beer.
    So do you have the beer machine

If your tastes run towards Bass Ale, Sam Adams, etc. you can be happy brewing your own. If your goal is to make Bud or Coors, forget it. The more flavor a beer has, the easier it is to home brew. The light-flavored megabrews give you nowhere to hide your mistakes. I brew English Ales and I'm quite happy with them. They are comparable to Bass and Newcastle as far as I can tell. Never used the beer machine. They're all over e-bay; that tells you something. I use a 5-gal pot to boil in, a 6-gal plastic bucket w/ lid and a 5-gal glass carboy to ferment in. Makes 5 gallons of ale. I have a bottle capper, thermometer, airlock and syphoning tubes. I reuse brown bottles that take real caps (not twisties.) This kind of setup will cost about $70, probably more than the beer machine. Better chance of success, I'm guessing.