Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Kernel 2.4.15 released and 2.5.0 opened - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kernel 2.4.15 released and 2.5.0 opened

Re: Kernel 2.4.15 released and 2.5.0 opened

If I were in charge, I would put the Linux sources in a CVS repository and give write access to that directory to more people. Right now, there's no CVS for Linux (Linus says he doesn't need it) and only he can commit changes. I think that a core team la BSD would be a major benifit to the Linux developpement.

If I were in charge, I would put the Linux sources in a CVS repository and give write access to that directory to more people. Right now, there's no CVS for Linux (Linus says he doesn't need it) and only he can commit changes. I think that a core team la BSD would be a major benifit to the Linux developpement.

I think I would at least spend more time testing the kernels out before releasing them. Instead of releasing one every week, they could work on them for about two weeks and spend another week testing and fixing. That way each release has more added features from the last plus it has been tested more. Or they need to get the stable / development kernels synced better. Once they released 2.5.0, they could give it a few weeks to be tested and make fixes on the 2.6.0 kernel. After a few weeks, they could finally release the 2.6.0 kernel. They really should put me in charge because I really know what I'm doing.

2.4.15 has a problem with dirty inodes and it can fsck you whole file system! *
    And why ohh why did you not tell me this BEFORE I rebooted with kernel 2.4.15 ?

Now my drive is all fscked up