Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Some Web Pages Load, Some Don't

Thread: Some Web Pages Load, Some Don't

Some Web Pages Load, Some Don't

OK, this is an interesting one. I have two Suse 9.2 Boxes on a Windows network. Everything was fine. Then we moved to a new location, with new servers (win2k3), an appliance firewall (SonicWall TZ 170), new switches (D-Link), and a new DSL connection (modem is a VisionNet). Now I can load some web pages, but not others (like www.sonicwall.com). All Windows boxes, thin clients, and even VMWare running Win2K on the Suse boxes work, and can load any page. I can ping www.sonicwall.com and resolve the IP. My MTU is set at the firewalls setting (1500). I can use curl and grab the banner to www.sonicwall.com. I have tried FireFox, Konquorer, and IE 5.0 running on Wine, but no go. The web browsers all find www.sonicwall.com, and wait for quite a while before returning an empty document error. It is not just www.sonicwall.com either. I can load all sites from my home computer running Suse, using the same ISP. I am assuming that the D-Link or the SonicWall Firewall may be the problem, but don't really know where to go from here. Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried posting on suse-linux-e, and have one person still working with me privately, but we are not able to lock this one down. Thank you.

Solved

The MTU had to be set at 1490, not more, not less. What a PIA. But it's fixed now!