Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: watching people using linux for the first time

Re: watching people using linux for the first time

On the contrary, I have the most amazing difficulties when I sit down at a Windows machine. Nothing is consistant, and nothing ever seems to work right for me.

On the contrary, I have the most amazing difficulties when I sit down at a Windows machine. *Nothing is consistant, and nothing ever seems to work right for me.
    Not at all.... It's not a bug... it's a feature

On the contrary, I have the most amazing difficulties when I sit down at a Windows machine. *Nothing is consistant, and nothing ever seems to work right for me.
    Then your legs are too long, and you bang them on the bottom of the swimming pool when you try to swim in the shallow end. See, the analogy still fits!

Kind Mastermind

Then your legs are too long, and you bang them on the bottom of the swimming pool when you try to swim in the shallow end. See, the analogy still fits!
    Nice analogy! Of course microserfs will simply say that those who swim in the deep end are sharks! Boy, them microserfs sure are tastey!

I can't blame people for liking windows so much. Most people want computers for free music and chatting. Others like the people here at linux junior like to fine tune there computers and get the most out of them. Windows does what most people want with out them putting a lot of effort into everything.

Kind Mastermind

I can't blame people for liking windows so much. Most people want computers for free music and chatting. Others like the people here at linux junior like to fine tune there computers and get the most out of them. *Windows does what most people want with out them putting a lot of effort into everything.
    That is true, to a degree. My first two computers had win95 on them and I had to tweak them just to keep them from blue screening everytime I used them. So, I ended up putting way too much effort into it. I might as well put my time into tweaking Linux than trying to stop the computer from crashing all the time.

My first two computers had win95 on them and I had to tweak them just to keep them from blue screening everytime I used them.
    You mean you reinstalled until it stopped bsod'ing for a while, and backed up that setup to restore it when it decayed?

Mentor

This sucks, i'm the ONLY person i know of that even knows what linux is :-/

back in the days of only having 95 I used to format and reinstall every month or less because when you try to install all your programs and games it gets so buggy as I'm sure many of you already know

This sucks, i'm the ONLY person i know of that even knows what linux is :-/
    Yeah, I used to be like that. Spread the word.